Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hse nurse recruitment campaign

Options
  • 04-06-2011 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Just wondering if there are any nurses out there that have applied for the recent hse recruitment campaign? I have and have just got notice that I am in band A. Im wondering did most people get into band A?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

Hey I applied and got Band A aswell! Looks like everyone's getting into it! What area (both geographic and clinical) did you apply for?! I'd like high dependency but it said that you should only apply to areas you'd be competent to work in... so med-surg it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭unaoz

I applied gerontology in meath.....not too sure if there are jobs available, maybe I should have went for med/surg aswell. Next up for me is an online automated video interview sounds awful, next up for you is competancy based form, good luck! They said they may re post the advertisement in June, I wonder does that mean there was not much interest? I dont know anyone else who applied, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Carol2057

Did anyone else now get told there is a pause in recruitment. I was offerred a formal permanent job as a staff nurse. Had sent in all my bits etc, had my health check, next thing I got an email telling me i cant start the job due to recruitment freeze. Anyone else out there?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0725/1224320762279.html

Above link to article re same in the Irish Times. I bet lots of others have been affected by this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Yeah , a number of folks in a forum I moderate had been told they had been sucessful in the competition for PTS jobs ( Patient Transfer Services ) , a lot of people applied as it is seen as gateway to Paramedic training.
    They were awaiting contracts and the other day were e-mailed to say the offers were withdrawn due to funding issues.

The worst thing is that some had disregarded the HSE advice not to hand in notice to current employers until they had signed contracts :mad:

• Advertisement

God, Ya i think there has been lots of people affected by this :mad: but its all hush hush it seems. :confused: Its funny in the private sector if this happened there would be uproar......

Am I missing something, or when is it allowed to formally offer a permanent job to someone (in this case a lot of people) and then just send an email telling you you are actually not getting the job anymore, theres a pause in recruitment....... I was 4 to 5 weeks full sure i was commencing a permanent job as I had been told so by the HSE.....Why is this allowed to happen?

Carol2057 wrote: »
    God, Ya i think there has been lots of people affected by this :mad: but its all hush hush it seems. :confused: Its funny in the private sector if this happened there would be uproar......

Am I missing something, or when is it allowed to formally offer a permanent job to someone (in this case a lot of people) and then just send an email telling you you are actually not getting the job anymore, theres a pause in recruitment....... I was 4 to 5 weeks full sure i was commencing a permanent job as I had been told so by the HSE.....Why is this allowed to happen?

Another way of putting the question is to ask why they were hiring without the nescessary funding in place ? In fairness to HSE they did say in the letters telling people they had got the job '' we strongly advise against handing in your notice to your current employer until you have been contacted by our contracts section ''.

I was a few weeks away from a permanent HSE position and the exact same thing happened.

Ya same with me. I was just waiting for the contract people to call me and give me a start date. But Im just appalled with the HSE. They shouldnt of went around formally offerring jobs when they couldnt go through with it. Why am I suprised....Its the HSE after all.... I presumed the reason they were saying not to hand in our notices was because they wanted to make sure our refernces, garda clearance, occupational health check etc were all checked first... I was expecting a start date any time. I really didnt expect to be told I wasnt getting the job anymore. What a mess

We are talking the HSE here - I swear they are amazing in devising new and imaginative ways to f~#k up !

anybody start their posts yet? im still waiting to start

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I suspect no permanent or temporary posts will be approved for the rest of this financil year. I'd say next year will be equally bleak.
    Croke park will expire at the end of 2014 and that will probaly be the point where recruitment will restart properly, dependant on redundancy/retirement of admin/non front line staff though IMO.

Advertisement