Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review Please [NSFW]

• 04-06-2011 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Please take a moment to review my website. I've had a nightmare with my web designer try to fob me off when requesting certain features!!

www.thegspot.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There's too much space above the header.

Not a fan of the logo. It doesn't link to the homepage.

The rest of the header is a bit bland: typography is basic and Bookmark and Share could be an Add This graphic. Nav buttons are ok but could be better.

The slider panel content doesn't do much: 3 pretty ladies in lingerie, so what? Almost blank 2nd panel, huh? 3rd panel actually communicates something.

The text content below is badly copywritten. It needs to be sales and user oriented.

There should be selected products (with prices) on the homepage, special offers/features and sales solution oriented copy.

You have no contact details bar the phone and email. Any shop without a real world address should not be trusted and avoided. Your RBN and other biz details are legally required somewhere on the site.

No returns information.

The site's SEO is very poor. The meta keyword tag is badly spammed and is ignored by search engines due to that exact type of abuse. The page addresses are useless for search engines as they are undescriptive. Apart from alternative text for images, there is pretty much no SEO.

You have no social media marketing functions.

online store.htm should not have a space in the filename.

The layout jerks from page to page.

The products in the shop are displayed way too far down the page, almost a whole page down. They should be properly visible without scrolling.

Product listing pages could have more products than 12 on each page.

Calls to action are poor.

Dragging products to the Bag is not intuititive and out-of-context. It's so bad that you have to tell people how to do it and those instructions are easily missed. The regular way is to have an 'Add to Bag' button below each product.

No indication of what payment options are available.

Can't remove single items from Bag.

Why do I have to register to buy? You don't make customers sign in at physical shop, do you?

Why do I only get the PayPal option?

Your checkout process doesn't appear to use https to provide security? If that's the case, then it's a really really bad thing.

Some images like http://www.thegspot.ie/index_htm_files/524.png are copyrighted by GettyImages. Make sure you have the licence to use them in order. They love to hunt down copyright infringers and slap charges like $500 per image used without permission.

GSpot parties need to be sold better: how it works, testimonials from happy customers....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

thegspot wrote: »
    Please take a moment to review my website. I've had a nightmare with my web designer try to fob me off when requesting certain features!!

www.thegspot.ie

I should have realised before clicking but it would be no harm anyway to mention that the link is not work friendly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

thegspot wrote: »

www.thegspot.ie

That site is not safe for work, a warning would have been handy. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Tagged in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

tricky D said everything that needed to be said, but one bit I'd like to expand on:
    tricky D wrote:
    The slider panel content doesn't do much: 3 pretty ladies in lingerie, so what? Almost blank 2nd panel, huh? 3rd panel actually communicates something.

Another factor with the slider - when the 3rd panel isn't displaying, I've got absolutely nothing on the screen telling me what the site is about:

Screenshot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 thegspot

tricky D wrote: »
    There's too much space above the header.

Not a fan of the logo. It doesn't link to the homepage.

The rest of the header is a bit bland: typography is basic and Bookmark and Share could be an Add This graphic. Nav buttons are ok but could be better.

The text content below is badly copywritten. It needs to be sales and user oriented.

There should be selected products (with prices) on the homepage, special offers/features and sales solution oriented copy.

You have no contact details bar the phone and email. Any shop without a real world address should not be trusted and avoided. Your RBN and other biz details are legally required somewhere on the site.

No returns information.

The site's SEO is very poor. The meta keyword tag is badly spammed and is ignored by search engines due to that exact type of abuse. The page addresses are useless for search engines as they are undescriptive. Apart from alternative text for images, there is pretty much no SEO.

You have no social media marketing functions.

online store.htm should not have a space in the filename.

The layout jerks from page to page.

The products in the shop are displayed way too far down the page, almost a whole page down. They should be properly visible without scrolling.

Product listing pages could have more products than 12 on each page.

Calls to action are poor.

Dragging products to the Bag is not intuititive and out-of-context. It's so bad that you have to tell people how to do it and those instructions are easily missed. The regular way is to have an 'Add to Bag' button below each product.

No indication of what payment options are available.

Can't remove single items from Bag.

Why do I have to register to buy? You don't make customers sign in at physical shop, do you?

Why do I only get the PayPal option?

Your checkout process doesn't appear to use https to provide security? If that's the case, then it's a really really bad thing.

Some images like http://www.thegspot.ie/index_htm_files/524.png are copyrighted by GettyImages. Make sure you have the licence to use them in order. They love to hunt down copyright infringers and slap charges like $500 per image used without permission.

GSpot parties need to be sold better: how it works, testimonials from happy customers....

Thank you very much. I feel so useless that I can't do anything on the site myself. My last web designer constantly fobbed me off with website jargin.. I aint happy with the site AT ALL . I want 'What's New' and a Blog and Special Offers and trying to get this done is like pulling teeth!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are plenty of competent designers around.

The lack of HTTPS ie. SSL is worrying

Adding items to the cart is completely counter-intuitive - if I hadn't read a previous post I'd have been left staring at the page wondering where the "buy now" or "add to cart" option was

I can't find any proper contact details on the site for you, so why would I buy from you?

You're a limited company, so why isn't your address, company number etc., clearly displayed on the site? It's required by law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Your sign in button on the shop page is overlapping with the books & categories section on my browser (Google chrome, 1440x900)

Advertisement