Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse riding in Killarney/Rathmore area

Options
  • 03-06-2011 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I know that's there are a few threats with similiar qestions but I havn't found anything what could help me. So please forgive me that I ask here.

In a few weeks I am going to move to Ireland for an Au pair and I am going to live in the Area of Rathmore.

Is it possible for horse riding somewhere in the area of Killarney and Rathmore on a regular basis? I havn't been riding for about two or three years because in my area there is no riding stable available but I wanted to try it again in my freetime. I just heard of the Killarney riding stables but is there an other opportunity?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Have you tried looking at aire.ie? That contains a list of registered riding establishments around Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Convert, have you already forgotten we are in Killarney?!! tut tut :)

Hi S.K, our shop is based in Killarney so we deal with all the riding schools and stables in the area. There are so many good ones that it may be better if when you arrive you call to us and we will give you directions to all of them. You are probably better off to go see them and see do you like the people who run the yards etc. We have many Aire approved ones here and they all cater for beginners to experienced. Will you have a car when you are here? Some of the schools and yards are many miles from Killarney as land is more available. If you are walking then yes the Killanrney riding stables are the closest to town. If you need any more information you can PM us or visit the website or shop. As you can appreciaite we cant tell you publicily here which ones we recommend as it wouldnt be fair. I think you need to see the yards themselves.

Thanks

Advertisement