Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Soil

Options
  • 03-06-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Where can you get top soil delivered in the Ennis area? Also where is the best place to get pea gravel for a garden area. Does anyone know of anywhere that supplies these items?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My parents ordered pea gravel from Galvin's Yard, Cornmarket St, Ennis and it was much cheaper than ordering from garden centres. Sometimes there are adverts in the Clare Champion for top soil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ITOne

Give Bob a call xxxx he will be able to give you a price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Bit more information that just "Call Bob" would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

If you want relatively small quantities, I got topsoil and manure in 1ton bags from a guy recently and was happy with the service. Reasonable price if you only want a few tonnes crane lifted into your garden. Obviously if you want more, full lorry loads would be cheaper.

His name was Frank and I got the details in donedeal (no connection). I can pm number if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

ITOne wrote: »
    Give Bob a call xxxx he will be able to give you a price.

Anyone else notice that ITOne's post were nearly all exclusively for the purpose of promoting different services.... very strange.... :rolleyes:

He appears to be banned now but still....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

Also, Williams Concrete in Ennis deliver 1 tonne bags of pea gravel if you want it in bag form - a bit dearer (you pay about €10 for the bag) but good if you want small quantities and want it contained.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've used William's a few times in the past, I find them a great company to deal with, they even collect unused product from you if you ordered too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭BPH

Hi, jumping on this post for top soil only (Ennis area). If someone got topsoil recently can they PM me the details. I'm looking for a tonne bag ideally, if not an equivalent amount in a trailer, I can put tarp down before they arrive etc. I've no trailer or hitch myself so I'll need it delivered. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Advertisement