Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Divorce Advice

Options
  • 03-06-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have legal aid solicitor but they are keep changing them so no result.
    I decided to do it myself.
    Need advice re civil bill etc

Civil Bill Link on www.amen.ie, sound perfect to me, just need to fill it in what you guys think
    http://www.amen.ie/Downloads/26028.pdf

Form 37A: Affidavit of means, No Problem on this one
    Form 37B: Affidavit of welfare No Problem on this one

Confusion is about this one, Do we both need to go to a solicitor together or only applicant.
    • Form 37D: Certification pursuant to section 5 or section 6 of the Judicial Separation and Family Law Reform Act, 1989 or section 6 or section 7 of the Family Law (Divorce) Act, 1996 (for solicitors)

Thnaks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

You are looking for legal advice which can't be given. Good luck with the divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I wouldn't agree that your questions necessarily require legal advice to answer.

This is a forum for discussion, where it is possible to answer a question without giving legal advice, that should be done.

The fact that legal advice may be one possible answer shouldn't prevent the question being answered reasonably in a general sense.

I would have thought a simple explanation of a court form is not what would be considered 'Legal Advice', perhaps I'm wrong, await clarification from Mod.

In relation to Form 37D

I can't help with your query I'm afraid. I don't know anything about family law. It seems that if the form you have linked is a requirement you will have to go to a solicitor to get it filled out and so could ask them then, though this mightn't be a very convenient way of doing things.

If it possible to carry out a divorce yourself then it appears this form couldn't be a requirement, but perhaps it isn't possible to do what you are trying to do, and you will need to stick with the legal aid solicitor involved.

I hope you have kept your solicitor informed of your recent DIY endeavors, as though you may be finding it difficult to deal with them, if you haven't they are likely still working away in the background on your file, and you may find your efforts and theirs clashing, which might cause additional delay, or confusion for the courts system.

You can always ring the Courts Office to enquire about any form.

He asked for advice on a document relating to a legal process. Would you talk him through incorporating a business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

No I wouldn't, but this is a legal discussion forum. I would certainly discuss the pros and cons of incorporating a business, and also discuss the pros and cons of doing it yourself as opposed to paying a company to do it for you.

If he had an enquiry about the A1 form, if I could answer it in a general sense I would, or if I couldn't I'd direct him to a relevant source of information.

In my opinion it's borderline but I guess it's up to the Mods to clarify.

• Advertisement
Advertisement