Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Beta Readers

Options
  • 03-06-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've finished working on editing my Novel, 'The English Students,' and am looking for Beta readers to give me feedback so that I can further refine and polish before I send it on to publishers.

Synopsis:
    When his life and the lives of his friends are turned upside down by a series of catastrophic events, Jamie Finch, a young University student in Dublin, begins to suspect that he is a fictional character in a novel being written by an increasingly callous narrator.

Opening:
    "The first time I tried to kill myself? Hold on... give me a second... It's not that I don't exactly remember, it's just, when you're talking about something like that, you know, killing yourself, it's pretty heavy stuff, you want to make sure you get the details right."

I'm hoping to get between 6-8 readers so that I can get a well rounded opinion. The idea would be to maybe check out the first 3 chapters and if you want to read more I could then email you the full length novel.

You can actually check out the opening chapters online here:

http://www.youwriteon.com/books/bookdetail.aspx?bookguid=9f127047-6f29-49d8-8edc-408adc3a94af

While this is not the latest, most polished update, it is pretty close with only minor changes. Alternatively if you PM me I can email you the first three chapters and this might be better as you would be seeing the most polished draft.

Please note, this is a contemporary novel with very strong language and adult themes.

I will of course be more than happy to reciprocate a Beta read for your novel, now or down the line.

In terms of feedback I'm looking for more broad/overall/general opinion rather than a detailed line by line crit.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You can count me in, although not until nearer the end of the month.

Advertisement