Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marquadt to fight Story

Options
  • 03-06-2011 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭

Announced tonight that Anthony Johnson is out with an injury. To be replaced by Rick Story.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Really like this fight, I think I'll go with Story. It's hard to tell what Nate will be like at WW though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Not sure this is a great fight from Story's point of view. That's a pretty short turnaround considered, he's just come of a pretty gruelling scrap with Alves. Who's already a big name, so it's not like he's taking a massive step up, or grasping a big chance against a top guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Paul16

Nate by unanimous decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Wow Nates already one of the biggest middleweights out there.
    Itll be hard to see him make that weight. Quite fitting his 1st fight was gonns be Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I like Story but I think this will be too much too soon for him.
    Nate by TKO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Dean09 wrote: »
    I like Story but I think this will be too much too soon for him.
    Nate by TKO.

Lads I hate to be negative but I dont think Nate will be able for his a fighter like Story with a drop to Welterweight - he's too busy and too effective - just ask Thiago Alves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Lads I hate to be negative but I dont think Nate will be able for his a fighter like Story with a drop to Welterweight - he's too busy and too effective - just ask Thiago Alves.

1 more round with Alves and Story would've been ko'd. He was taking some heavy shots near the end and his legs looked wobbly. I just think Marquadt will be too much for him. I hope I'm wrong tho cause I do like Story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭threeball

Nate for me too. Powerful enough to deal with Storys wrestling and very powerful from the clinch too. Bad match up for Story after a big win over Alves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I really dont know about nate taking this one, his wrestling as nowhere near the level fo story, and story is relentless unless he gets stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dean09 wrote: »
    1 more round with Alves and Story would've been ko'd. He was taking some heavy shots near the end and his legs looked wobbly. I just think Marquadt will be too much for him. I hope I'm wrong tho cause I do like Story.

alves would never have ko'd story as far as i could see.
    alves would have ko'd almost any other fighter with the
    blows story took though

it's a bit soon to be fighting again for story but
    i still see him taking this one
    i reckon the bookies will have nate a fairly strong favourite
    so ill be hoping to make a few quid backing story

• Advertisement
Advertisement