Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muslim girl, 19, 'stoned to death after taking part in beauty contest'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

However,

It it turns out it's just Islam bashing to be lapped up by ignorant fools and disseminated by the Zionist funded anti-Islamic groups.
    No.
    Lots of newspapers use selective quoting for the most sensationalist headlines.
    It's much worse than a conspiracy really.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

However,

It it turns out it's just Islam bashing to be lapped up by ignorant fools and disseminated by the Zionist funded anti-Islamic groups.

So how are we to know your claim is not just Jew bashing from anti-Semitic groups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

Mob, have the decency to click the thanks button :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

:rolleyes: Turns out she apparently isn't even Muslim
    The media was put to the test on Islamophobia worldwide as numerous websites covered the story without checking the facts, including in Turkey. Ukrainian authorities told the Cihan news agency that the report was made up and that the murdered teenager was Christian with Russian roots.

In a news conference in Simferopol, Crimean police officer Sergey Reznikov said they did not see any religious motives behind the killing and that the possibility of a sexual motive seems highly possible. "A student did it, killing his classmate. There is no other underlying reason, neither religious nor linked with inter-ethnic conflicts," said Reznikov.

The Ukrainian Interior Ministry also issued a statement and said that those who stoned the 19-year-old to death did not use Shariah law as a justification. Crimean authorities told the Cihan news agency that one of Koren's male classmates was detained as part of an investigation into the girl's death. The boy's statement, made in the presence of his lawyer and a teacher, was recorded. In his initial statement he said he helped the girl find something in forest and killed her there; however, he later denied this. Ukrainian authorities said police teams are continuing to search for the other assailants.

Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People Chairman Mustafa Abdülcemil Qırımoğlu, commonly known as Mustafa Cemiloğlu in Turkey, said the detained teenager, Bilal Gaziyev, who is of Crimean Tatar descent, was pressured by police into accepting the blame for the murder. “The killing was covered in a distorted way, as if it was a religiously motivated murder, by the media around the world. The girl was not Muslim. All these [reports] are a provocation and fabricated news,” he told Cihan.

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-245839--murder-of-beauty-pageant-contestant-not-connected-to-islam.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Which parts exactly are the muslim bashing bits?
    Katya Koren was attacked after taking part in a beauty contest which her friends said angered hardline Muslims

Police have opened a murder investigation and are looking into claims that three Muslim youths killed her, claiming her death was justified under Islam...

...One of the three - named as 16-year-old Bihal Gaziev - is under arrest and told police that Katya had 'violated the laws of Sharia'. Gaziev has said he has no regrets about her death....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392454/Muslim-girl-Katya-Koren-19-stoned-death-beauty-contest-Ukraine.html#ixzz1OAwjJUAb

It does turn into a bit of a rant about the practice of stoning women. But I fail to see how an article condemning stoning is muslim bashing.

Oh, this has to be a zionist lie...
    Stoning is a divisive subject among Muslims, with some groups interpreting it as Islamic law and others disagreeing.
    well maybe not.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is this a zionist created lie?
    At least 10 women and four men remained under sentence of death by stoning at the end of the year in Iran, where adultery is the only crime which carries that penalty under Sharia law.
    It was widely imposed as a sentence in the years following the 1979 Islamic revolution, and even though Iran's judiciary still regularly hands down such sentences, they are now often converted to other punishments.

Looks like an excuse to trawl out the old international zionist conspiracy again. So is the conspiracy that the Daily Mail is a zionist backed propaganda machine?

• Advertisement

BostomWildersSpencerGeller4horsemenantijihadracist.jpg
    L-R Four of the leading professional Islamaphobes - David Horowitz, Geert Wilders, Robert Spencer & Pam Geller.
    But there’s also big money behind the mosque opposition, as highlighted by the relationship between [David] Horowitz’s Los Angeles-based nonprofit, Jihad Watch — the website run by Spencer “dedicated to bringing public attention to the role that jihad theology and ideology play in the modern world” — and Joyce Chernick, the wife of a wealthy California tech company founder.
    Though it was not listed on the public tax reports filed by Horowitz’s Freedom Center, POLITICO has confirmed that the lion’s share of the $920,000 it provided over the past three years to Jihad Watch came from Chernick, whose husband, Aubrey Chernick, has a net worth of $750 million, as a result of his 2004 sale to IBM of a software company he created, and a security consulting firm he now owns.

A onetime trustee of the ...Washington Institute for Near East Policy, Aubrey Chernick led the effort to pull together $3.5 million in venture capital to start Pajamas Media, a conservative blog network ...
    The David Horowitz Freedom Center had a budget of $4.5 million last year, according to its tax filings, of which $290,000 came from the conservative Bradley Foundation, which also gave $75,000 to the Center for Security Policy last year. Horowitz has received an average of $461,000 a year in salary and benefits over the past three years, while Spencer has pulled in an average of $140,000, according to the center’s IRS filings.
    UPDATE: Here's a link to the 2008 990 filings for Chernick's charitable foundation, the Fairbrook Foundation, that shows donations to a wide range of groups, including the American Friends of Ateret Cohanim that funds Jewish settlement in East Jerusalem, The Investigative Project on Terrorism, MEMRI, The Center for Security Policy, over $900k to the Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles, $150k to American Jewish Congress, ADL, the Middle East Freedom Forum Fund, another David Horowitz group the Center for the Study of Popular Culture, the pro-Israel campus advocacy group Stand With Us; $80k to Gary Bauer's "American Values," the pro-Israel media monitoring group CAMERA, $150k to the "Council for Democracy and Tolerance" of Alta Loma, CA, which listed as a fellow and senior fellow Nir Boms, a former Vice President of the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies and a former Israeli embassy official; the group is listed as promoting the "Obsession" video; the former president of the Council, Tashbih Sayyed, a Pakistani-American Shiite journalist who died in 2007, was also an adjunct fellow at the Hudson Institute and a member of the Jihad Watch board, both also supported by Chernick's foundation; the Council for Secular Humanism; $80k to a group called "Defend the West" whose address is a UPS box in Santa Monica, CA but whose website domain is registered to Nina Cunningham of Quidlibet research and the former chair of the Illinois regional branch of the Republican Jewish Coalition's National Women's Committee who is listed on tax forms as a director of the Clarion Fund which funded the distribution of 20 million copies of the "Obsession" DVD; $50k to the Heritage Foundation; $50k to the Hudson Institute; etc. etc.
    Similar donations in 2007 and 2006, including $190k in 2007 to the Hudson Institute; $200k in 2006 to the Zionist Organization of America, and $250k to ZOA in 2005; $60k in 2005 to the Central Fund of Israel, a U.S. nonprofit that funds settler security and other programs in Israel, and on whose board (listed in 2008 as vice president) is Itamar Marcus, who heads Palestinian Media Watch; $25k in 2005 to fund projects by Tariq Ismail at the Council for Secular Humanism (the funding for Islamic secularism contrasting with the foundation's generous funding of Jewish religiosity, including Aish HaTorah of Los Angeles); $120k in 2005 to the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, on whose board Chernick's wife Joyce Chernick served.
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/laurarozen/0910/The_Park51_money_trail.html

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

If this is true Islam makes me afraid, very afraid.

Further reading:
    How the "ground zero mosque" fear mongering began

A viciously anti-Muslim blogger, the New York Post and the right-wing media machine: How it all went down

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/08/16/ground_zero_mosque_origins
    Latest mosque issue: The money trail

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/41767.html
    Chernick Funds Horowitz-Spencer Attacks on Park51 Mosque

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/tikun_olam/2010/09/06/chernick-funds-horowitz-spencer-attacks-on-park51-mosque/

Meet the Chernicks'

http://mondoweiss.net/2010/09/meet-the-chernicks.html

(sssshhhhh don't tell King Mob but (edit: almost) all the authors linked to above are Jewish; it'll destroy the illusion of his comfort zone)

If this is true Islam makes me afraid, very afraid.

eh? If what's true?

studiorat wrote: »
    Which parts exactly are the muslim bashing bits?

It does turn into a bit of a rant about the practice of stoning women. But I fail to see how an article condemning stoning is muslim bashing.

Oh, this has to be a zionist lie...
    well maybe not.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is this a zionist created lie?

Looks like an excuse to trawl out the old international zionist conspiracy again. So is the conspiracy that the Daily Mail is a zionist backed propaganda machine?

Sorry, did I raise you from your slumber? Weren't you busy arguing that we should bomb the Mooooooslims in another thread. Sorry to disturb you, you can go back to sleep now.

edit: I use the "we" above very loosely.

• Advertisement

However,

For example,

Queen of organised Islamaphobia Pam Geller's Atlas Shrugs http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/05/muslim-girl-19-stoned-to-death-after-taking-taking-part-in-beauty-contest-muslim-youths-killed-her-c.html

Robert Spencer's Jihadwatch http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/05/ukraine-muslim-girl-stoned-to-death-for-participating-in-beauty-contest.html

And Barenakedislam "it isn't Islamaphobia when they really ARE trying to kill you" http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/2011/05/30/ukraine-muslim-girl-19-stoned-to-death-after-taking-taking-part-in-beauty-contest/

all ran with it.

Amazing thing is brown bomber actually had the neck to put in the statement (in bold).

Before rushing off to the darkest recesses of the internet to drag up some suitable evidence. Talk about coming to a conclusion before getting the facts straight. Pot Kettle black anyone?

(sssshhhhh don't tell King Mob but all the authors linked to above are Jewish; it'll destroy the illusion of his comfort zone)
    And do any of these authors explain the difference between the Daily Mail jumping on the original story and trumping up anti Muslim sentiment and you jumping on the subsequent correction only with your own particular boogeyman?

Sorry, did I raise you from your slumber? Weren't you busy arguing that we should bomb the Mooooooslims in another thread. Sorry to disturb you, you can go back to sleep now.

edit: I use the "we" above very loosely.

Which parts of the article in the un-edited part of the OP are muslim bashing?

I'm not arguing to bomb muslims, I'm merely pointing out that the facts about it as presented are wrong. But that's your problem bomber, reading your posts 'we' can see you feel the need to polarize everything into right and wrong or us and them. You seem unable to comprehend any degree of pluralism, unable to understand that there can be more than one side to a story.

I've pointed out already that, your posts come to a conclusion before the evidence is even there.

Amazing thing is brown bomber actually had the neck to put in the statement (in bold).

:confused: Sleep in your eyes......? :pac:

Ehh that was you who bolded itrat, not me. See post 1.
    Before rushing off to the darkest recesses of the internet to drag up some suitable evidence. Talk about coming to a conclusion before getting the facts straight. Pot Kettle black anyone?
    So you accept it is suitable evidence?

As for the "darkest recesses" quip you could learn a lot from these particular sites.

Otherwise I should make it clear re the mail article. It may be lazy journalism that plays on racist preconcieved notions or it may be something more sinister; impossible to say with certainty. That reporter may be in the pocket of the professional anti-islamic propoganda campaign.

King Mob wrote: »
    And do any of these authors explain the difference between the Daily Mail jumping on the original story and trumping up anti Muslim sentiment and you jumping on the subsequent correction only with your own particular boogeyman?

Doesn't even realize he's doing it I reckon. It's all about the message.

Yes, my anonymous posts are regulary analysed on Salon.com and beyond. :rolleyes:

Yes, my anonymous posts are regulary analysed on Salon.com and beyond. :rolleyes:
    So that's the only difference then?

Nothing bothering you about how you're doing the exact same thing you think the Jews are doing?

Which parts of the article in the un-edited part of the OP are muslim bashing?

Which part of an article about a Muslim girl killed under "Sharia law" through stoning by Islamic fundamentalists is Muslim bashing when none of these facts are apparently true?

Are you serious? It plays on all negative scary Mooslim stereotypes that all the other paid propogandists use.

So that's the only difference then?

Nothing bothering you about how you're doing the exact same thing you think the Jews are doing?

Please explain

a) the bolded part
    b) which "Jews" we are talking about? Cos I haven't a ****ing clue.

:confused: Sleep in your eyes......? :pac:

Ehh that was you who bolded itrat, not me. See post 1.

That's right, so it was easy for people to see.
    So you accept it is suitable evidence?

As for the "darkest recesses" quip you could learn a lot from these particular sites.

It's the internet, there's evidence for everything if you look hard enough. By this time tomorrow there'll be 'evidence' for every possible angle. I guess time will tell.

There's bigots everywhere, going looking for them just to prove a point is a waste of time imo.
    Otherwise I should make it clear re the mail article. It may be lazy journalism that plays on racist preconcieved notions or it may be something more sinister; impossible to say with certainty. That reporter may be in the pocket of the professional anti-islamic propoganda campaign.

Now evidence for that would actually make your scoop worthwhile reading.

• Advertisement

Please explain

a) the bolded part
    b) which "Jews" we are talking about? Cos I haven't a ****ing clue.
    So you really don't see that you're doing it.
    It would explain quite a lot actually.

A) You're using an incident as evidence of a shadowy threat from a particular group, regardless of the evidence of their involvement.

B) The Jew who secretly control all media, except the media who point out the Daily Mail's ****ty journalism apparently.

So you really don't see that you're doing it.
    It would explain quite a lot actually.

A) You're using an incident as evidence of a shadowy threat from a particular group, regardless of the evidence of their involvement.
    Actually no.
    I've highlighted either extremely shoddy journalism. With zero research and fact checking used as a springboard to disguise an anti-Muslim diatribe as news or anti-Muslim propoganda. Which was reproduced extensively by the professional, Zionist funded, anti-Muslim hate sites.

Look at the comment section. They're all salivating for war and death of ALL Muslims. Job done.
    B) The Jew who secretly control all media, except the media who point out the Daily Mail's ****ty journalism apparently.
    ?????????????????

Never said anything close to that.

as a quick aside, I get that you and studiorat don't like me. I don't mind but this back-and-forth sniping gets us nowhere and to tell the truth is a little draining so let's all keep this civil and discuss the topic and not each other, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

However,

For example,

Queen of organised Islamaphobia Pam Geller's Atlas Shrugs http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/05/muslim-girl-19-stoned-to-death-after-taking-taking-part-in-beauty-contest-muslim-youths-killed-her-c.html

Robert Spencer's Jihadwatch http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/05/ukraine-muslim-girl-stoned-to-death-for-participating-in-beauty-contest.html

And Barenakedislam "it isn't Islamaphobia when they really ARE trying to kill you" http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/2011/05/30/ukraine-muslim-girl-19-stoned-to-death-after-taking-taking-part-in-beauty-contest/

all ran with it.

OH FOR FCUK'S sake!!!!

Does anyone......ANYONE ......know anyone who would murder a young girl for ANYTHING? Does ANYONE know ANYONE who would dump kids out of an incubator? Or strap bombs to toddlers or insist that their soldiers took Viagra so they could better rape??

I'm literally GAGGING with disbelief.

Does anyone believe that a 13 year old boy was mutilated and then his body was simply given back to his family from his tormentors...."don't tell the world we cut his cock off"!!!

Does anyone know ANYONE who would do this? And if NOT....why do you assume that the people of Egypt or Syria or Libya or Iraq or Yemen or wherever would do this, since they treasure life a hell of a lot more than we....who call them rats.....do?

Are you serious? It plays on all negative scary Mooslim stereotypes that all the other paid propogandists use.

Here's the thing, using the word mooslim is racist, it's disrespectful. The fact that you quite happily use it shows that you don't really give two hoots about this girl or Islam. This is simply a vehicle for you to get one over on Jewish people plain and simple. You'll go delving into every bigoted internet article you can find simply to re-affirm your convictions and then post here as if it's some kind of discovery you've made.

I'll add that I don't dislike you bomber, I don't even know you. Some of your threads are well written and well researched and I respect that. I may not like your conclusions that's it, but really dude, it's journalistic error which has been addressed by the publisher and used for to paint a picture of persecution, it's helping no body at all. This thread is really going nowhere and is in particularly bad taste IMO, so I'm out.

Actually no.
    I've highlighted either extremely shoddy journalism. With zero research and fact checking used as a springboard to disguise an anti-Muslim diatribe as news or anti-Muslim propoganda. Which was reproduced extensively by the professional, Zionist funded, anti-Muslim hate sites.
    Which you then used as a spring board to disguise an Anti-Semetic diatribe....
    Look at the comment section. They're all salivating for war and death of ALL Muslims. Job done.
    Now I'm honestly not sure if you're being ironic here or what...
    ?????????????????

Never said anything close to that.
    So why, in your narrative did the Daily Mail jump onto the story as an anti-Muslim piece?

Which you then used as a spring board to disguise an Anti-Semetic diatribe....
    Nonsense. If I as alive pre-WWII I have the same natural objection to anti-Jewish propoganda, or any minority unjustly targetted for that matter.

I have said nothing remotely anti-semitic. In fact I haven't even said anything at all about Jews.
    So why, in your narrative did the Daily Mail jump onto the story as an anti-Muslim piece?
    Conspiracy theories aside because anti-Muslim scentiments are rife in the media, Islamaphobia is the last acceptable form of bigotry. This is either due to the individuals involved or some kind of an fear-mongering agenda. I'm not so sure it is a coincidence that Islam is demonised in the Western media and at the same time it is Moslem countries that West in invading and occuping.

Nonsense. If I as alive pre-WWII I have the same natural objection to anti-Jewish propoganda, or any minority unjustly targetted for that matter.
    And unfortunately this doesn't negate the fact you used the incident to as evidence of your particular boogeyman in action, just as you're accusing those nasty Zionists of doing.
    I have said nothing remotely anti-semitic. In fact I haven't even said anything at all about Jews.
    Yet you've jumped immediately to the evil shadowy Zionists in your first post, then detailed how they are involved in a vast network of conspirators that wish to undermine our society.

Just as in the Daily Mail article they start "not saying anything remotely anti-Muslim" but then go off to detail a vast network that wish to undermine our society with their crazy Muslim ideals.

Of course I'm sure the authors of the original article, and subsquent ones, could also qualify their statements by saying they're "Not talking about all Muslims (or insert religious group), but rather talking about Radical Muslims (or subset of said group)".
    Conspiracy theories aside because anti-Muslim scentiments are rife in the media, Islamaphobia is the last acceptable form of bigotry. This is either due to the individuals involved or some kind of an fear-mongering agenda. I'm not so sure it is a coincidence that Islam is demonised in the Western media and at the same time it is Moslem countries that West in invading and occuping.
    Is it possible in your narrative that the Daily Mail are just publishing what sells papers, in this case anti Muslim sentiment, without being told to by shadowy masters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

It's probably worth pointing out that you don't need to be Jewish to be Zionist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm failing to see the conspiracy here. A tabloid published a story without checking their facts and many people believed it, including a bunch of islamaphobes. A lot of people believed the tabloids when they said the EU demanded bananas be straight. It's not a conspiracy, it's stupidity.

I'm going to lock this now. If anyone can explain what the actual conspiracy is then PM me or one of the other mods, and we'll re-open it.

Also, as mentioned above being anti-zionist doesn't make you anti-semetic. Hating the Nazis doesn't mean you hate all Germans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement