Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking road bike - 55cm

Options
  • 02-06-2011 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Dear all,

Im going to try my hand at my first triathlon this summer and I'm not willing to go mad spending $$ on gear on a sport that I may not persue; so I'm seeking a good condition 55cm frame road bike (Im 5'11, 32" inside leg).

Will entertain all possibilities.

Thanks
    BillyInTheBowl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I'm on my phone so summary only.

I built up a new planet x aluminum frame with a mix of new and 10 year old ultegra 9speed. Rr dr, shifters and brakes are old. Chainset, chain, block are new. Finishing kit is new. Have done sub 5 miles on it since built.

It's not a head turner, but it's functional and should be reliable. I don't have a dedicated set of wheels for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BillyInTheBowl

Thanks Uberwolf can you post some images please?
    uberwolf wrote: »
    I'm on my phone so summary only.

I built up a new planet x aluminum frame with a mix of new and 10 year old ultegra 9speed. Rr dr, shifters and brakes are old. Chainset, chain, block are new. Finishing kit is new. Have done sub 5 miles on it since built.

It's not a head turner, but it's functional and should be reliable. I don't have a dedicated set of wheels for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭bike boy

Search for this bike on the forum and see what you think

Advertisement