Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semmelweis or Pécs?

Options
  • 02-06-2011 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I've been accepted by Semmelweis and Pécs university in Hungary to study medicine and I can't decide which one I should go for. I've googled both and looked at the valuemd forum, but I can't find a lot of info on them. If anyone studying at either of the universities could tell me some of the good and bad points of either I'd really appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

My brother did a year in Pecs and said it was difficult on him.

The lecturers speak English, but the locals do not. AT least in Semmelweis you might have a chance of some locals knowing english. Hungarian is as related to a European language as Chinese (ok, maybe not CHinese). But you get the point.

As far as I know, he hated Pecs so much that he just said "F**k it, I'll do Law back home instead".

But don't let that turn you off! It's just that 6 years in a foreign country wasn't for him.

My answer: Try Semmelweis. It's closer to an international airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

Sounded like your brother had a lousy time over there! I hope everything's working out for him now. Did he dislike Hungary in general or just Pécs specifically?

Advertisement