Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spooky

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

Hard to know how to respond to this.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭David Matthew

Talk E wrote: »
    Hard to know how to respond to this.. :)

I was just going to say the same thing!
    Hootanany wrote:
    I wonder how they are going to explain this one away

By 'they', do you mean people who don't believe that the youtube video you have linked to depicts interstellar starships?

I liked the music in the video. I think that created the spooky effect. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

More here - http://www.exopolitics.org.uk/2007/winter/above-your-heads-%11-black-ops,-star-wars-or-et?/

It's an interesting video alright but a bit of a leap to say that they are 'machines' imo.. it could be a number of things. To me it looks like out-of-focus space debris

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

More here - http://www.exopolitics.org.uk/2007/winter/above-your-heads-%11-black-ops,-star-wars-or-et?/

It's an interesting video alright but a bit of a leap to say that they are 'machines' imo.. it could be a number of things. To me it looks like out-of-focus space debris

Did you not see the one that changed shape and back again

I seen it. Swamp gas doesn't do that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Hootanany wrote: »
    Did you not see the one that changed shape and back again

Loads of them appeared to change shape, albeit slightly, but it doesn't mean that they are mechanical objects. If you're trying to focus on a distant light source the shape can appear to change as you go.. the same way the sound changes while you're trying to tune into a radio station.

And it's possible that the Earth's atmosphere could have an effect on how the light rays appear too. It even says in the video that he isn't using a great telescope.. just some optical device that he 'invented'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

They look like auroras. Would explain the shimmering effect and the variety of shapes. You could probably amplify the effect with clever editing.

I like the logic. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THESE ARE THEREFORE THEY ARE INTERSTELLAR SPACECRAFT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Simon Anderson is Gridkeeper is John Lenard Walson is CONFIRMED HOAX
    Some names to look up there if anyone is interested.

Auroras moving at millions of KPH ?

Walson has been summarily dismissed by even the farthest fringes of the UFO crowd after years of shenanigans and claiming his magical process of modifying a camera and telescope allows him to see "Far Above Space and Time". Despite years of requests for him to demonstrate or even roughly describe his "process", he divulges nothing. Eventually he got so lazy he started manipulating other people's photos to create new fakes. In addition, he has defrauded people buying his dvds, stalked individuals, made easily disproven claims and turned out to have a rather ugly and clinically dangerous personal life. He constantly posts on the internet using multiple sock puppets to drum up business for his DVD's, with "gridkeeper" being his favorite alternate personality. He and his puppets (including gridkeeper) have been banned almost universally from most forums that take their subject matter seriously.

If you want some funny reading, check out his antics on Bad Astronomy, where he tries to do verbal battle with staunch skeptics by refusing to acknowledge even the slightest need for technical plausibility or verifiable and repeatable results. I am the first to say that the Bad Astronomy guys tend to go to extremes to summarily dismiss anything out of the ordinary, but watching him think he can convince them to buy his stuff with faked pictures and absolutely no technical explanation for how they are taken was damn funny.
    http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Interstella-Starfllet-Caught-on-Amature-Telescope

• Advertisement

One had a Turret to the front

A turret? Thousands of miles long? For what, firing canon balls? :confused:

Really? I must have missed the image where the interior of the "spacepship" was exposed and we saw the firing mechanism and ammo chamber.

+ If they're aliens it's nice that they conform to human naval architecture.

A turret? Thousands of miles long? For what, firing canon balls? :confused:

HA HA HA LMAO :pac::pac:

Well, I guess you don't have to wonder anymore.

dgpberrt.gif

Looks like the upper stage of an Atlas rocket booster (space debris) that is in orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJF2bdlabvk&feature=watch_response

Watching that video the second I heard "through his apparatus he has invented" alarm bells started to ring! What exactly is this apparatus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Watching that video the second I heard "through his apparatus he has invented" alarm bells started to ring! What exactly is this apparatus?
    telescope with a video camera attached id say.

digme wrote: »
    telescope with a video camera attached id say.

So why hasn't anyone other than this John Lenard Walson guy come forward with replication of these images? A quick google search indicates he'e been producing these images for a number of years yet all the amateur astronomers in the world seemed to have missed these things? Smells like a fake.

• Advertisement

Sems plausable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Good question.Perhaps he records with a very high frame rate and goes back over them very slowly?There is computer software for that. He probably has his telescope controlled from his laptop and uses this software then to go over it automatically.
    high-speed-image-capture-software

value to the imaging community.
    MB-cube.jpg The MotionBLITZ® Cube Kit. A family of High Speed Cameras with on board memory and Image Capture S/W MotionBLITZ® Kit . A High Speed Camera Link MC13XX Camera, Framegrabber, & "Director " Image Capture and Analysis Software System – MotionBLITZ® LTR. A "turnkey" High Speed Hard Disk Image Capture System to accompany any of our High Speed cameras. red.jpgblue.jpggreen.jpg A high speed (1000-32,000 fps) motion analysis CMOS Camera with on board memory and Gig/E interface ships with "Director " software application that is designed to capture and display high speed events for scientific analysis.

digme wrote: »
    Good question.Perhaps he records with a very high frame rate and goes back over them very slowly?There is computer software for that. He probably has his telescope ctronlled from his laptop and uses this software then to go over it automatically.
    high-speed-image-capture-software

value to the imaging community.
    MB-cube.jpg The MotionBLITZ® Cube Kit. A family of High Speed Cameras with on board memory and Image Capture S/W MotionBLITZ® Kit . A High Speed Camera Link MC13XX Camera, Framegrabber, & "Director " Image Capture and Analysis Software System – MotionBLITZ® LTR. A "turnkey" High Speed Hard Disk Image Capture System to accompany any of our High Speed cameras. red.jpgblue.jpggreen.jpg A high speed (1000-32,000 fps) motion analysis CMOS Camera with on board memory and Gig/E interface ships with "Director " software application that is designed to capture and display high speed events for scientific analysis.

The reality is that we don't know what he's using other than it's something "he has invented". Much more likely explanation, than enormous spaceships that no one other than this guy can see, is either:
    1. It's a fake,
    2. His equipment is poorly collimated and focused and he is simply capturing over magnified stars with the associated diffraction spikes and airy discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Supposing for a second that these things are machines or manned spacecraft of some kind, lets say they're "ours" for a second, black op's not aliens, then that would make Gary McKinnon's claim of NASA's secret astronaut corps more plausible
    I also got access to Excel spreadsheets. One was titled "Non-Terrestrial Officers." It contained names and ranks of U.S. Air Force personnel who are not registered anywhere else. It also contained information about ship-to-ship transfers, but I've never seen the names of these ships noted anywhere else.

Hacker Gary McKinnon explains what he found

EDIT: Just saw Monty's post no.11 on page 1, I skimmed through the thread and missed it:o debunked, still though the Gary McKinnon story is an interesting one ,the US want to put him away for 70 years.

Supposing for a second that these things are machines or manned spacecraft of some kind, lets say they're "ours" for a second, black op's not aliens, then that would make Gary McKinnon's claim of NASA's secret astronaut corps more plausible

I think entangling any existing conspiracy theory with these putative 'space machines' will only make it more implausible. It's not corroborative evidence for any theory; it's corrosive!

Advertisement