Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surface outside the Boole library...

Options
  • 02-06-2011 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

How in the name of god is this being re-done again? This is easily the 4th or 5th time in the last three years. I realise it gets a lot of wear, but time to maybe start hiring workmen who are more competent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭funki_munkee

Ye and maybe while they are redoing it they could consider a surface that isnt lethal when wet. The amount of times Ive nearly broken my neck slipping on a rainy day :mad: Uggs + those red tiles = a sure fire way to an early grave!! (slightly overdramatic there but you get my sentiment!! :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Agree 100% until I saw you wear UGGs^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

It would make so much more sense to just take the whole thing up and replace it at this stage. if they do a good job of it, they won't need to keep tearing it up ever few months, and they can replace the whole thing with a surface that isn't lethal when it's wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

sitting in the fishbowl on a wet day watching girls wearing uggs fall about = great entertainment!

Im suprised they havent just resurfaced it completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Don't blame the workmen, blame UCC. It's the college that makes the choice of what design they want. If that means red slippery bricks -- then so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

But to be fair, I thought that they were getting rid of the red shiny bricks and replacing them with the stonier red bricks - I think it could be due to the fact that the ground underneath is not solid and some of those bricks end up coming loose, which can be dangerous if not sorted as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Advertisement