Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVB 2011 tournament game spot up for public vote

Options
  • 02-06-2011 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭

Thread and poll here: http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11094

The last tournament game spot at SVB2011 is up for grabs via a forum poll here, since some of us will be going thought I'd put it up for people to vote. The games are KOF 2K2UM, 3rd Strike, and HD Remix.

My post and vote was this:
    I voted for 3s just because of how the players were treated last year. I prefer SF2 personally (and had a great time playing HDR last year) but honestly seeing the passion the 3s players had for their game even with the crappy setups makes me think they should get the entry.

Last year the 3s players had to deal with a tiny area, black and white TVs, among other problems. As I said I love ST and had a great time playing HDR but I really feel like the 3s players deserve better than that after seeing the enthusiasm they had for the game (the stations being full all day mostly with people exclusively there for 3s).

Anyway if you're planning on going and want to see one of the games represented, please vote! I'd ask people who aren't intending on going to not vote for their favourite, as it probably won't be streamed or anything - this is purely for the players at the event as far as I know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I don't thinkits possible to vote on that fairly without knowing about setups etc.

it seems like the ps2s needed for the 3rd strike renders it difficult for the organisers, both 2002 and HDR last year were fairly well run, due to the ease of the setups.

If the 3rd strike situation happened again this year it would be a total waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'd go for AE but I was a bit annoyed at no 3s this year, guess we will be seeing it afterall

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Black and white TVs jaysus.

I didnt vote anyway, but I can see Kneecap's point.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Did the GG players even get a setup to practise in last year?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ramza wrote: »
    I'd go for AE but I was a bit annoyed at no 3s this year, guess we will be seeing it afterall

If I vote 3s, will you promise to go so I can watch you beasting fools? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Don't see the point in voting for 3S as they've shown that they don't have the equipment to run it correctly.

KOF XIII would get my vote. Give a new game a chance. 3S will be back in force next year at most big tournaments thanks to online edition anyway.

Edit: Just checked their website. It's not KOF XIII it's 2002 UM. Would still vote for KOF though as I'm not a big fan of HDR. Regular ST would have got my vote though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

votes for 3s, other games are un hyped,
    rather hyped game on crap tv's then boring games on HD LCD's

i wanna see them french again
    this time il practice

**** u mokoto
    and R,hart

and sweeds

If I vote 3s, will you promise to go so I can watch you beasting fools? :D

Does the pope wear a funny hat? :D

I'll have my revenge on certain Swedish parties

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Whoops, dunno how I typed KOF13 instead of 2K2UM, fixed now.

We need Dragon's vote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lol dragon, what a champ

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

I don't thinkits possible to vote on that fairly without knowing about setups etc.

it seems like the ps2s needed for the 3rd strike renders it difficult for the organisers, both 2002 and HDR last year were fairly well run, due to the ease of the setups.

2k2: UM last year was only on PS2 in (IIRC) Japan and the game was quite rare. It was only released on XBLA in November, so I don't understand what you mean about ease of setup compared to 3S. If anything it would have been harder.
    Vyze wrote: »
    Did the GG players even get a setup to practise in last year?

GG was set up briefly 2 or 3 time but it was a case of if you got more than a handful of games each time, you were very lucky. You just had to be around when it was being put up or you'd miss it.

Anyway, I voted for 3S because out of all 8 games available between the 5 confirmed and 3 being voted for, it's the only one that honestly interests me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    2k2: UM last year was only on PS2 in (IIRC) Japan and the game was quite rare. It was only released on XBLA in November, so I don't understand what you mean about ease of setup compared to 3S. If anything it would have been harder.

40340_486845468377_546873377_6898830_6717420_n.jpg

My Bad it was Guilty Gear.

And how ever few set ups etc it had, it was the bejing olympics compared to 3rd strike's London.

3S was a joke and i don't believe for one second it will be better this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mikaela1 wrote: »
    I vote for Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (Playstation 2). It's really cool!

What the hell?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

What the hell?

Anyone can post here kiki, just because we're the Irish Fighting Game forum doesn't mean all outsiders must be destroyed :D

Or:

We're getting a little famous, congratulations!

Advertisement