Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Cork 200

• 01-06-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been able to enter using the website? Any idea of entry fee for this year?

http://www.westcork200.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Diego Murphy

I entered a good while back. Think I was one of the early birds so it was €40. I think it's €50 normally. And yes I did enter using the online facility. Great event. Enjoyed it last year apart from the heat and the fact that it was 213km

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lashed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Thanks, the link is broken from the website.

€50 is a bit steep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Anyone recommend any camp sites or cheap accomodation in the area?
    Ideally close to the start :)
    Will be coming from the city and couldn't justify spending a lot just to save the 2 hour spin that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭ccmp

Camp site "hideaway" in Skibbereen. Also budget accom in the Paragon. No campsite in Baltimore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Tonio

I am interested in doing the 100km. Does this start at 7am also? I would be travelling from Midleton on the day and would prefer a slightly later start... say 9am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Just finished there bloody wrecked. Was a great day :) would have liked one more water stop tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

fair play what time did you start? i went out fom bantry to kilcrohane for a spin today myself and met plenty lads coming in i hope to do it myself next year did you hear of any accidents cos when i was coming back from ahakista to durrus there was about 3 ambulances went flying by with sirens on hope it was nothing serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Done the 200 aswell hard going near the end unreal weather not a puff of wind until the last 20mls or so which is strange for back there. great course pity about the road surface going down the other side of Mealagh valley.They have roads going up volcanos in Italy and we cant get a good surface going up to 250 meters in Ireland but thats not the organisers fault. Very well run and great course around a senic part of Ireland. Didnt see any crashes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Started some time after 6. No idea really. Def before 630. Didn't see any crashes. No wind really thank god. It was fun torture. Legs will be in bits for a long while. Saw a boardise too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lashed

Just home and showered after this one. Beautiful day, beautiful scenery.
    7:32 rolling time. Much better than Wicklow last week.
    Could have done with more food than a 30min que for a burger but there were loads of water stops. 220 participants which is a small enough crowd when around 100 were doing the 100k. Nice T-shirt though.

Advertisement