Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Music 2011

Options
  • 01-06-2011 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

So... Anyone else have a big gap before Music?

I have a week! :D I'm leaving all my study for that week, I'm gonna do 2 composing questions, a set work and some irish music study each day.

Anyone have any predictions for the long question or Irish music? My teacher said there's not enough in Bohemian Rhapsody for it to be a long question but I don't know if I should trust her...:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

My teacher, who's supposedly famous for his predictions, says Bach or Tchaikovsky (leaning towards Tchaikovsky) for the long question. He said Irish dances and regional styles for the Irish question.

I too have a week and hopefully I'll be really motivated cause I've done hardly any music all year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I've a week for music too, delighted! I've an idea about Bach, so I'd love if he came up as the long question, but he has nearly always featured for the 25 marks so it's unlikely methinks!:(
    Tchaikovsky is next to impossible, cram alert!!
    I think there's plenty in Bohemium Rhapsody to come up as a long question. It could really catch people out if it did, so I wouldn't rule it out!:)
    I always find the Irish music questions straight forward enough, but I play trad anyway, so it's probably an advantage.
    Does anyone else find the aural questions really difficult? I can't deal with them at all!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

I hate doing Barry questions. I always end up thinking I have the right answer and it being wrong, and I never get the 'insert notes at X' questions. They're impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Those "insert notes at X" questions aren't even worth a full %. Don't worry too much about those!:) Barry is head wrecking alright though!! Major hatred for that work! I think I would cry if it came up as the main question...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Nah, Barry is good if it comes up as a main question. The actual piece is so abstract that there is only so much they can ask you about. Filling in the time signature boxes is always dead easy, you're usually asked simple questions like what happens the 2nd or 3rd time a phrase is played. The only difficult part in the Barry main question is if they ask you to fill in the notes. I'd be more worried about Tchaikovsky popping up as the main!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 adler

i hope barry is the long question, after listening to his piano quartet its not so bad. There are easy ways of remembering his sections, eg B2 sounds like musical saws, c4 is the only one with piano solo, c9 is the only one that begins on a high pitch etc etc. Id be looking out for fill in missing time signatures for Barry because they change so much!
    Tchaikovsky is the nicest piece on the course, but also the longest, with the most instruments. But, they will only ask on a specific theme, eg love/strife/FL etc etc. learn off a line for each of those main themes for dictation. Id be tipping Barry/Tchaikovsky for the long q. For irish, maybe ceili bands (Chieftens 50th coming up), dances...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Please use the main Predictions / Discussion / Aftermath thread, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement