Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Router/Modem To Get PS3 NAT Type 2 For Resonable Price

Options
  • 01-06-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi I currently have the standard Eircom supplied router, its the Nepotia 2247NWG - EIR model, I have tried before to turn it from NAT Type 3 to Nat Type 2 but this seems impossible to do, NAT Type 1 is not what im looking for, just NAT Type 2 so I can play Red Dead Redemption, Crysis 2 and other games without running into the problems which I have had. :(

Does anyone know a modem/router that is simple to set up and can just be plugged in to replace the current modem/router Eircom supplied, without needing to change settings or messing up the network as there are several computers on the network along with my PS3. Also the new Modem/Router would need to give my PS3 a NAT Type 2 setting straight out of the box without fiddling with complicated setttings as im not well up on the issue and dont want the same problem I currently have. Also the cheaper the modem/router the better!! (Once it works) I look forward to some quick replys, Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Anyone have any ideas??

Also a friend said he had the same router i have with Eircom and had NAT type 3 and he bought this new Eircom router in the link below and got NAT type 2 on the PS3 pretty much plug and play without any port forwarding etc he sais, anyone have any ideas on this? or know anything about it? or have one? Thanks :) (Its in the link below)

http://www.eircom.net/accessories/broadband/zyxelp660/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

i bought a netgear DGN1000 N150 a few months ago and have yet to have a disconnect or any trouble playing online

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

I use a dlink dsl-2740r
    Nat 2 and no problem with online gaming

dellWlan wrote: »
    I use a dlink dsl-2740r
    Nat 2 and no problem with online gaming

do u happen to know if the dlink dsl-2640R is good for gaming and getting NAT type 2? as its less expensive and i have heard good things about it

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

do u happen to know if the dlink dsl-2640R is good for gaming and getting NAT type 2? as its less expensive and i have heard good things about it

Looks like it's just G version of my one. Can't see it causing a problem but I honestly don't know. I went for the N version just for some future proofing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

I dunno if it's great for gaming (as was only able to get online with 2 games - due to only having 2, not connection errors), but I remember I was able to get NAT2 (at least that's what Adhoc Party said) on the black Zyxel router that you get from Eircom now.

The two games (inc Socom 4 beta) worked fine when I used it. I guess it's not that cheap..: http://www.eircom.net/accessories/broadband/zyxelp660/

dellWlan wrote: »
    Looks like it's just G version of my one. Can't see it causing a problem but I honestly don't know. I went for the N version just for some future proofing.
    LiamN wrote: »
    I dunno if it's great for gaming (as was only able to get online with 2 games - due to only having 2, not connection errors), but I remember I was able to get NAT2 (at least that's what Adhoc Party said) on the black Zyxel router that you get from Eircom now.

The two games (inc Socom 4 beta) worked fine when I used it. I guess it's not that cheap..: http://www.eircom.net/accessories/broadband/zyxelp660/

I ended up buying the D-Link DSL- 2640R on ebay for €25 new and posted, Hope it works :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Eh while we're on the topic of routers I'll jump in with a question.

Does anybody know where the DMZ option is on the Netopia 2247-62 router for eircom? I can't obtain Nat 2 or 1 lately and putting my ps3 in the DMZ is my last option I can try.

Would just calling eircom and getting a new router solve my problem? Where I could get a good nat type without going into details.

http://www.eircom.net/accessories/broadband/zyxelp660/

My friend has this router and has no problem getting nat 2 after our internet mess up last week. Refer to my other thread on page two for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

the zyxel router is crap, it kept disconnecting every so often on me, there is no dmz option on the netopia router

Advertisement