Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to UPC HD tommorw - keep current card or not?! HELP!

Options
  • 01-06-2011 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi,

Took the plunge re UPC 50MB bb lately (some teething problems but excellent) and have now added phone and gone for UPC HD channels so am getting new box delivered between 2 - 6pm tomorrow. The courier with new box will look for old box to take back.

Sales person told me to:

KEEP CARD from current old sd non-recording box and put in new box.

Channels / box went down last night (poss due to upgrade of channels / dunno, never happened before) and was looking for an activation code. Got this from UPC support this morning, that was fine - but was telling them new HD box on the way tomorrow. They said:

DO NOT KEEP CARD - new box will come with new card. Quote: "I don't know why sales keep telling people to keep the old card..."

So, not sure what to do. If I return current card and new box doesn't come with card I'm surely snookered, and if I keep old card and return box UPC might charge me for both?

Very confused... advice please....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    Hi,

Took the plunge re UPC 50MB bb lately (some teething problems but excellent) and have now added phone and gone for UPC HD channels so am getting new box delivered between 2 - 6pm tomorrow. The courier with new box will look for old box to take back.

Sales person told me to:

KEEP CARD from current old sd non-recording box and put in new box.

Channels / box went down last night (poss due to upgrade of channels / dunno, never happened before) and was looking for an activation code. Got this from UPC support this morning, that was fine - but was telling them new HD box on the way tomorrow. They said:

DO NOT KEEP CARD - new box will come with new card. Quote: "I don't know why sales keep telling people to keep the old card..."

So, not sure what to do. If I return current card and new box doesn't come with card I'm surely snookered, and if I keep old card and return box UPC might charge me for both?

Very confused... advice please....

New box comes with a new card.

Keep the old card just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I had to use my new card when I upgraded a box. Was only basic box to a digital + box.

FYI courier wouldn't take the old box even though they said they would the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Interesting what you're saying about the courier - I had a call from the courier company today saying that they were expecting to take the old box so please have it ready for collection etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

they took my old one last week aswell, pity some muppet is UPC then switched off the wrong box and it took me 4 days to sort it:mad:. Clowns

Advertisement