Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

topsxzscanner

Options
  • 31-05-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what this is... I went to a website and this cut in. I know it's a long shot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

was it a pop up on your browser as you accessed the web page?

if so then its not particularly unusual and probably means that something is trying to get you to click download and install. it might mean(is likely) that the web site has been compromised. what it is attempting to get you to downloading and install may be anyones guess and could be something as benign as an av scanner (though unlikely if its hijacking your browser) or as malicious as a key logger, trojan, or other virus.

Anytime i hit such a message i leave the web site straight away (usually through closing the web browser).

presume your AV is up to date, firewall is on, etc...?

Advertisement