Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ken Doherty Snooker Academy

Options
  • 31-05-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Just back from the new academy. Opened a couple of days ago. Seriously nice place, reminds me of a golf club. Ken was up there, looks like he put a lot of work into it. Located just in behind Brady's pub at the crossroads in Terenure. Decent bit of parking too. Tables are €8/€10 an hour depending on whether you are a member or not. Free to join over the summer, will normally be €99 a year. Tables are best I have ever played on, brand new. 6 full size, 2 darts boards, nine ball table, 5 pub tables, table tennis and lots of tvs around. I have attached a few photos.

I would urge all of you to get out and try it, very nice place and we need to see places like this succeeding hopefully. Ken is also running training camps and regular tournaments.

https://www.facebook.com/KenDohertySnookerAcademy

http://www.kendoherty.ie/

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

I was at the opening on Sunday, the academy looks great, and I've no doubt it will be a great success. Hopefully it might encourage other clubs to either reopen or for new clubs to start up.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Looks great. Any idea of opening hours?

EDIT: Found it on the link there, open till midnight. Great!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Will definitely give this a go soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

looks terrible..not enough room for all those tables..

Have to disagree with you on that one, there is plenty of space between the tables and enough room to move about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

This is great! Definately going to head down for a few games over the summer. Looks savage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Spiderpig92

does anyone know of any accomodation aka, hotels or b & b's near the academy? much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Looks ok but it doesnt look anything special. Has he moved his own table in there yet?

I've popped into to see him a few times since it's opened and it is a nice set up, his own pro practice table is situated in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Looks total quality.
    Can any auld talentless tool with no real scope for improvement like me turn up and play?. Im sure they could its just the focus and direction seems to be very academy and coaching driven like they really only want the best players?.

• Advertisement

does anyone know how far away the club is from dublin city centre,
    thanks in advance

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Around 15-20 mins in a car, maybe 20-30 mins on a bus (apart from peak times maybe). Any of the following buses will get you there from the City Centre: 15/a/b/e/f, 16, 16a, 49/a 65/b, 74. And the 74a is a short walk.

cheers, much obliged!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Hey guys,

Live near the club been a couple of times and it's great, used to head to Jason's a good bit when it was open and Ken's new place is helping me get back into the sport!
    Just saw there's a deal for the place running on RateMyArea.com - €8 for 2 hours snooker or American pool, it's restricted up to 5pm 7 days a week but still good for a weekend game, good deal! http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/deals/109

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/deals/162

looks like they're running that again.

Yeh its a nice spot - im just around the corner from it and have been hitting it pretty hard recently.

Advertisement