Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Court Summons

Options
  • 31-05-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi,

I was recently robbed in Paris while on holidays there. They caught the offenders and I Identified them. They also recovered my wallet and other personal belongings from their person. I stated i wanted to press chrages against them.

I have now been summoned to Paris on the 7th for a "audience" in the "Cour d'appel de Paris". I neither have the money or the time to go to Paris.

So my question is what will happen if i dont turn up? Are there any implications for me by not turning up i.e travel problems to france etc. I have tried contacting the court today but since my french is rubbish i got nowhere.

Any suggestions or advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Ring the french embasy in dublin. They may be able to help you.
    France Embassy , Ireland

36 Ailesbury rd, Ballsbridge
    Dublin
    Ireland
    Phone:
    +353-1-277-5000
    Fax:
    +353-1-277-5001
    Website URL:
    www.ambafrance-ie.org

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

Didn't even think of that. I'll get onto them tomorrow. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Your welcome.

Advertisement