Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach riding in Galway

Options
  • 31-05-2011 4:01pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Myself and my OH are heading to Galway for a weekend away and I'd really love to do some beach riding, if possible - I've never been. I've looked at the AIRE website and glanced through the Irish Field directory, but was hoping somebody could recommend (perhaps from experience or word of mouth) somewhere close enough to Galway city which offers beach riding? And roughly how much would it cost?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Socos2

Convert

The only place I can think of is rusheen riding centre. as for price availability I have no idea. It is close to city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 taceistagam

Hi Convert,

Im not aware of any places really near to the city but I have been here before (Ballyconeely) http://www.thepointponytrekkingcentre.com/Location.html
    and would recommend it. They have mainly conneamaras (but some bigger horses too) and and they are fab horses. The area itself is lovely and you ride in and out of inlets and have some lovely beach gallops too, you should get in plenty of beach riding and apparently if the tide is out you may get to ride out as far as one of the islands.

It is probabaly about an hour and a half out of Galway but it's a nice drive and Clifden is nearby and has some nice restaurants so you could make a nice day out of it. It has been nearly two years since I rode at the Point but I would reccomend it. Also, the other place that is meant to be fab for riding in Galway is Flowerhill (again, a good bit out of the city)which is near Ballinaslow- this is meant to have fantastic XC and was highly recommended by friends.

Advertisement