Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any room for a civvy on your forum?!

Options
  • 31-05-2011 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Good afternoon all, as the title says, do you welcome civilians who are working/about to start working with the PSNI here?

I've a few questions to ask so just want to make sure I'm not in the wrong place first!

Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Everyone is welcome here be they serving officers , hopeful applicants or whatever.
    Can't guarantee we will have the answers to your questions though :)
    Be sure to read the forum charter before posting.

Welcome to the forum !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 civvy

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm not going to go into too much detail for obvious reasons.

Is the level of risk against civilians the same as serving and ex officers? I was just wondering if I need to up my level of paranoia etc.

The other thing was, are there many recruits in Gville at the minute? I'm curious about how many I'll mix with and get the chance to chat to really.

Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I would expect that upon beginning your job you will be given some sort of security briefing as to the threat level that may exist and precautions you may need to take - really best not to post about it on a public forum though.

Whether you will get to meet many recruits in Garnerville is dependent on whether you will be working there.
    There are 2 or 3 intakes in there at the moment so my guess is that the place is fairly busy.

Advertisement