Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What companies are looking for Senior (Contract) .NET SQL Developers

Options
  • 31-05-2011 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm looking for a new contract, any ideas? I'd prefer to avoid agents. Main skills are C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 17+ years development experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Look in London, wages are **** here. Some places even let you work from home most of time (yeah that surprised the hell out of me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Paddy Ti

srsly78 wrote: »
    Look in London, wages are **** here. Some places even let you work from home most of time (yeah that surprised the hell out of me).

Used to work London earlier in my career, contract rates seem to be improving here, great rates in London alright especially if you have the right financial experience. It will have to be Dublin for me at the moment.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Paddy Ti wrote: »
    I'd prefer to avoid agents.
    Howcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

bw wrote: »
    Howcome?

After years of contracting I would guess the OP would prefer to get the full rate themselves rather than having an agency skimming off the top for every day you work.

Plenty of .NET contracts going in Dublin at the moment from the looks of my email inbox any way. Some of the bigger crowds wont touch you unless you are via an agent though. Just as an example HP only take contractors via their approved agency (well that used be the case).

Only big contractor friendly shop I know of that wont force you to go via an agency is in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

kayos wrote: »
    Plenty of .NET contracts going in Dublin at the moment from the looks of my email inbox any way.
    I totally agree. Over the last few months I've noticed a lot more recruiters making contact with me.
    kayos wrote:
    Only big contractor friendly shop I know of that wont force you to go via an agency is in Cork.
    Is that who I think it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Used to work London earlier in my career, contract rates seem to be improving here, great rates in London alright especially if you have the right financial experience. It will have to be Dublin for me at the moment.

Thanks.

I work as London financial software contractor mostly from home in Dublin :pac: Spend about 1/3 of time on business trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭markpb

I'm looking for a new contract, any ideas? I'd prefer to avoid agents. Main skills are C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 17+ years development experience.

Like the others said, I think you'll find it hard to get jobs without going through an agent - my own company only deal with agents (but I'm not sure why). You're other alternative is to network like hell and try to get jobs through personal referral.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Malice wrote: »
    Is that who I think it is?

It would most likely be :).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

HP are still at that ya.

As said networking is the best way to do it, use LinkedIn and see how you get on, that got me my last 2 contracts :D

Advertisement