Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 cent web hosting offer

Options
  • 31-05-2011 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I hope it's ok to drop this into the bargain alerts. Mods let me know if there is an area more suitable for it.

LCN.com are offering 100 Dynamic web hosting packages for 1p (or 1 cent)
    All of the information is here:
    http://blog.lcn.com/2011/05/get-web-hosting-for-only-1p-with-lcn-com/

A few important details are as follows:
    The offer is limited to the first 100 uses of the promo code and one use per account. The first year cost is €0.01 and the renewal cost comes in at €60.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Trappers Son

Thanks OP. I've a new venture idea buzzing around the head for a while and have been waiting for a good offer like this to come along..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

WATCH OUT FOR RECURRING CHARGES!!!!

I got "free" hosting from their birthday offer and got stung on a renewal even after I gave then 3 months notice to cancel my account.
    Seohelp wrote: »
    I hope it's ok to drop this into the bargain alerts. Mods let me know if there is an area more suitable for it.

LCN.com are offering 100 Dynamic web hosting packages for 1p (or 1 cent)
    All of the information is here:
    http://blog.lcn.com/2011/05/get-web-hosting-for-only-1p-with-lcn-com/

A few important details are as follows:
    The offer is limited to the first 100 uses of the promo code and one use per account. The first year cost is €0.01 and the renewal cost comes in at €60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lcndotcom

@BaconZombie
    I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you had. Can I ask you if you received a full refund on your purchase? If not, I am more than happy to arrange this (even if you have continued to use your hosting since it was renewed in February this year I would imagine).

We have a free service called auto renew which renews domains/hostings in advance of them expiring and this is a feature which a lot of customers like to use as a safety net.
    The auto renew feature is can be turned on/off within a customer’s account and credit cards can be saved or removed also. We like to give complete control of this to our customers.
    We also send out emails a week in advance of auto renewing services to let our customers know that they will be charged in 7 days to give them an opportunity to opt out of auto renew if they still haven't at that stage. A lot of companies just renew the products without any forewarning to their customers.

We have a company policy of refunding all auto renewed hosting packages in full if a customer didn't change their settings, receive the email notifications, or any reason which would mean they didn't want to continue renewing their services with us. We also offer a full domain refund within 5 days (due to registries charging us non refundable fees after this date).

We try to be completely transparent with how we operate and appreciate all of the feedback we can get from customers.

Please PM me your LCN.com username and I will be able to investigate the matter and follow up with you directly to organise the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

This is the reason I make sure Auto-Renew is disabled on any hosting, particularly free offers. I was also with LCN under their free birthday package. I was disappointed with a couple of things ...

1) You can only host domains that are registered with LCN. That severely limits the use you can make of the hosting, even if its free.
    2) The LCN control panel is very basic; no C-Panel/Plesk or software installer etc... ( they now have software scripts called Apps I think) still I didn't like the control panel.

Anyway I suppose it's a good offer, although you have to buy or transfer a domain with the hosting, min cost of €3.60 for a .co.uk. only transferring a .co.uk is free.

Advertisement