Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Amateur Rules-Big success?

Options
  • 31-05-2011 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

Hi i think the new C class rules are going long enough now to comment on how we feel there going, Personally i think there great and have really enhanced both the spectating and the skills needed for MMA

Now our Amateurs are learning the skills they need for Pro against even opposition where before there was a step up in standard and rules that the fighter was not tested in and was at times a massive step.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Are the new C class rules a success? 45 votes

Yes-there a success
    0%
    No-there a failure
    100%
    ShazbotCliveTim_Murphymark.leonardmuckwarrioraFlabbyPandaThe Bored OneDavid JonesKillme00arybvtcw0eolkfcowzerpNiall0bjj-fighterSBG Irelandwaynostevemc01Richy06[Deleted User]da-bresProfessey Chin 45 votes
    Undecided
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

No-there a failure
    Massive success from a spectators point of view

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

No-there a failure
    100% success from a coaching, judging, commentating and spectator point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Far better to watch, easier to spot the clubs throwing guys in at the deep end. It's more exciting, means guys need better ground games, it's even easier to get into it sparring wise since your helping the guy your training with as he will be using padded gloves too.

10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

No-there a failure
    From a spectator (and in turn promoters) point of view 100% success!!:)

My only small gripe is that some of the longer established Northern clubs still won't entertain them. I hope in time they come round to the gnp rule set, but only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

No-there a failure
    Much simpler to referee and score, less infringements than previous. Agree with John in that I won't consider it a 100% success till all promotions are using them. I fail to understand any argument against them versus the older rule sets. I made one exception this year when a deliberate attempt was made to ruin a card for a show but other than that you won't find me reffing any other rule variations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Could we be as bold as to ask who made the attempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

No-there a failure
    Could we be as bold as to ask who made the attempt?

Its water under the bridge now anyway. Suffice to say a team agreed to supply fighters under the new rules and following the rules meeting went to the promoter to say we never agreed that and it has to be old C class rules and if its not we arent fighting. Now on a 15 fight plus card that wouldnt be such an issue but on a 9 fight card it starts to become one.

Thankfully their opponents were accomodating, I reluctantly agreed to ref them and they were both deservedly beaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

No-there a failure
    not one person voted against New C :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

No-there a failure
    New C class all the way as far as I can concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

No-there a failure
    reckon it was someone very clever and probably handsome that came up with idea...:D

...next change i'll be working on is minimizing it to 2 classes....Pro - unified rules (ie UFC) and Am - new C.....but thats a few months off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

No-there a failure
    Absolutely lovin the new rules so far. Think its good for guys that wanna get plenty of experience at amature too or dont really have the time to train for full pro fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

reckon it was someone very clever and probably handsome that came up with idea...:D

...next change i'll be working on is minimizing it to 2 classes....Pro - unified rules (ie UFC) and Am - new C.....but thats a few months off...

We've never been involved with Cage Warriors, how do they work?

What about other shows across Europe or the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

New rules
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-kuyWxzU2vf-8lRtUqxLdSZtV0tdD2qrGVd6KQXQHTPo5ONpZ

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tadix

No-there a failure
    i have to say from a fighters perspective the new c-class rules are much better because now if you have someone in mount its alot more dangerous than it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

No-there a failure
    We've never been involved with Cage Warriors, how do they work?

they've seen sense and adopted the rule set too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

What's the difference between the new rules and old rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

No-there a failure
    bassey wrote: »
    What's the difference between the new rules and old rules?

Grounded punches are allowed in the new more realistic rules..
    Plus padded gloves for safety

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mouthalmighty

From a spectator point of view it makes a fight card much more interesting & entertaining. Gone are the days when lads flapped around on the ground not able to do anything. Big hit in my book. Plus Am to pro is not such a huge step up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

No-there a failure
    Huge success. More entertaining and under the old rules I remember a few fights where the guy on top would be controlling the position but would feel he'd have to pass to look active. It was just passing for the sake of it and often led to a fighter being caught in a submission unecessarily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

The new rules are far better for the viewing public, well done to whoever initially suggested the change and also for all the clubs/promotions/fighters for accepting the change. I now will pay to go to a few extra shows I'd give a miss to before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement