Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrested for dancing. Bizarre!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I can't comprehend the minds of people who do that (not the dancers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

And they were dancin good n all, dude outta Coldplay was rockin :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

that's a great idea, flash mob!
    next saturday garden of remembrance Parnell Square 12pm bring your disco gear, we'll dance on the graves of the 'freedom fighters' :)

Update...

Thanks for being on the.. "program"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

studiorat wrote: »
    next saturday garden of remembrance Parnell Square 12pm bring your disco gear, we'll dance on the graves of the 'freedom fighters' :)
    Not the same. I'm fairly sure their graves are not at the Garden of Remembrance anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

Yea we'll all dance on the grave's of the leaders of the famous 1966 rising in our John Travolta gear.
    If anybody would like to dance on the graves of other freedom fighters I'd suggest heading for Glasnevin Cemetary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Ok I think I may be on to something...people who seek power do so to compensate for their insignificance. Those who blindly serve the powerful have limited minds. And these are the power junctions of the authoritarian mindset which works in the majority of homo sapien societies.

Update again. Revenge dancing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Talk E wrote: »
    Update again. Revenge dancing :D

:eek: How they have the nerve to call that dancing is beyond me! just a bunch of Rhythm Challenged nuisances trying to catch some police brutality on video, only this time round the police didn't rise to the bait.

"This is what democracy looks like" - what? making a public nuisance of yourself to try to provoke a reaction from the law enforcement officers.....jaysus just watching that I wanted to smack a few of them for not dancing! :rolleyes:

Of all the sh1t going on today,they went with this as a protest ..... WOW...Power to the people!
    next saturday garden of remembrance Parnell Square 12pm bring your disco gear, we'll dance on the graves of the 'freedom fighters' smile.gif
    Fail :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :eek: How they have the nerve to call that dancing is beyond me! just a bunch of Rhythm Challenged nuisances trying to catch some police brutality on video, only this time round the police didn't rise to the bait.

"This is what democracy looks like" - what? making a public nuisance of yourself to try to provoke a reaction from the law enforcement officers.....jaysus just watching that I wanted to smack a few of them for not dancing! :rolleyes:

Of all the sh1t going on today,they went with this as a protest ..... WOW...Power to the people!

I think you've missed the point that they are celebrating their freedom. Freedom to peacefully protest however and whatever they want. Do you deny them that right or just want to smack a few of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Flash mobs should be arrested for being lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

:o

Always get those two mixed up. Still it's the same difference.

So why is he against a bill that expects dignity and respect at pointless national monuments in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

33 wrote: »
    Yea we'll all dance on the grave's of the leaders of the famous 1966 rising in our John Travolta gear.

That another conspiracy?

EDIT*

Also, apparently a law was just passed before the video was recorded, banning dancing in the memorial. Just a case of trying to poke the bear.

Unfortunately they got the reaction they were looking for from the cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

EarlERizer wrote: »

So enlighten us all then....what protests should be allowed and which ones should be arrested? And which ones should be broken up with billy clubs and tear gas?

What form of peaceful demonstration is, in your eyes, acceptable and which form should be beaten off the street?

Give us as many examples as you can think of.

Advertisement