Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss asking for information

Options
  • 30-05-2011 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭

I recently got a new boss and I was given a new position in work and am now responsible for what a few of my collegues do and dont do.

We have always had and always will have mistakes in work but I am now being asked who is making these mistakes.

Im looking to see if anyone has any advice, I dont want to start ratting my co-workers out but that is basically what Im being asked to do.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If you are now the team lead and responsible for what your colleagues do, then essentially you need to be able to identify who is not doing the job correctly and is making mistakes, so at the very least they can be retrained?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

You either need to step up to the mark or step back..There is no middle ground on this one.
    It's a position that someone in the group will have to do so why not you?. Your not being asked to make stuff up, just gather and report the facts.

My advice is to involve the person who is responsible for the mistake, have them help you put the facts together for reporting. That way they see what is being presented...

Then there is the usual management nugget... try to deliver each problem in conjunction with a solution or suggestion on how to prevent the problem in the future..

Advertisement