Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kimi's NASCAR debut

Options
  • 30-05-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

This is hilarious, Kimi made his debut is NASCAR and spent the whole time doing what he does best - complaining

http://jalopnik.com/5806620/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

I thought he was meant to be focusing on improving his performance in the WRC not messing around with those pigs of cars?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

The Ice-man is thawing out :D

He needs to get his a$$ back into an F1 seat IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

homer90 wrote: »
    The Ice-man is thawing out :D

He needs to get his a$$ back into an F1 seat IMO

Put him in Mark Webbers seat and sort out that annoying "FINGER" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Speedway is complaining about Kimi complaining. What did poor Kimi do to him at all?

I wonder how far off Vettel would Kimi be in the same car. I'd say he has been out of formula 1 too long now and would be a mile off Vettels pace. Alot has changed since Kimi left F1.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hope he's back in F1 at some point, when he actually wants to be there, might find it tough getting one of the top drives though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

recyclebin wrote: »
    Speedway is complaining about Kimi complaining. What did poor Kimi do to him at all?

I wonder how far off Vettel would Kimi be in the same car. I'd say he has been out of formula 1 too long now and would be a mile off Vettels pace. Alot has changed since Kimi left F1.

Kimi has not really been out too long when you think of it.
    All that is new is DRS and Pirelli tyres.
    He was fair handy with the kers when he was driving that ferrari wheelbarrow.
    Would love to see him in Webbers seat..

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭dunnyg36kv

hey guys im a nascar fan and for kimi to finish in the top 15 on his first race was very good, the stock cars are very tempermental when it comes to handling, i myself would rather see him in wrc, that'd be awsome,
    as regard the nascar racing,,, i love it, kimi is soon to do a race in a nationwide stock car now,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Kimi is already in WRC. I don't think he has been too great in it and has crashed out a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 scoobyjack

Not good at all - he came 10th in the championship last year, while his team-mates came 4th and 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

recyclebin wrote: »
    Kimi is already in WRC. I don't think he has been too great in it and has crashed out a few times.

It would be good to see him in WRC - i.e. in the ESPN coverage, long enough on the stages & far enough up the field to get coverage beyond - 'there's Kimi in the hedge again'! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Last year did crash, first season within WRC.. this year much more on it, no probs.

It just that he takes everything for fun right now. ofcourse driving very well but trying to enjoy it all by putting own money and own team up (Ice1racing also in motocross btw) instead of working for big teams and big ass bosses who are taking fun out of driving and adrenaline rush.. especially by forcing him into PR events :D

NASCAR - my strong guess is he learning basics in these two races Nationwide and Trucks. Partly its fun too! dont believe he is seriously interested for Nationwide or Trucks but will try Sprint Cup next (and/or IndyCar) and IF finds whole package working in favourable sync in that highest class then could stay.

There are many respectable motorsport classes in nowadays world, no need to stick with always changing, political, greedy F1 world.

I see him winning one of those big famous races or championships in next few years. if not going back to F1 to red bull.

Advertisement