Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in in Diplomacy and International policy ?

Options
  • 30-05-2011 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I'm quite interested in doing this course after i graduate next year.

I would really appreciate any feed back from anybody who is currently studying this as a postgrad or who has heard about it from others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

I shared some history modules this year with people doing this Masters. It seemed like they had a very nice spread of modules with a practical (i.e. policy-making) focus. They were allowed to do a number of languages at a variety of levels from beginners to advanced/upper-intermediate and also could elect for Commerce modules and some International Law. However, I seem to remember they didn't rate the Marketing modules on offer through Commerce very highly.

What's nice about it is that you can do a portfolio about a summer internship or work experience with a relevant international organisation in lieu of a thesis. Otherwise it's a 12,500 word thesis.

I would reckon that someone interested in pure International Relations theory and/or the academic side of things might be better served by the MA in IR/History. Because it's about half the price and better serves that (e.g. the thesis is 20,000 words.) I think the Masters in Diplomacy/Int. Policy costs about EUR9,000, the MA in IR is 4,800.

Advertisement