Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car was off road...need nct before i tax it?

Options
  • 30-05-2011 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Can anyone advise me please,
    Our second car went with my husbands job....and to have any hope of getting another job he will need transport. A family member offered us a car that was lying up for the last 2 years....not bad nick, is a 01.

Anyway there is no tax or insurance or nct on it....can we bring it for an nct and see if it will pass without tax or insurance?

Don't want to spend money on taxing it if there are huge problems with the car but if only minor things wrong it would be a godsend!!
    please help!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

will have to be brought on a trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ash2007

thanks...yea would transport it on a trailer but just checking if they will do nct if there is no tax or insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

yep they should do it without tax.

I would just insure it and drive it to the NCT center as long as its not going to cause an accident along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

You don't need tax/insurance to NCT it but you do need at least insurance to drive it there.

Advertisement