Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S iPad 2 working here?

Options
  • 29-05-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hey not sure if this was asked already, I'm headin to America this summer And was going to by an iPad 2 when I'm there, cheaper and everything!! I wanted the wifi + 3G one but just lookin on apple.us it looks like you can only buy one with a carriers sim, was wondering does anyone know if I buy one like this r they locked to that network or if apple sell them sim free in store?

Cheers!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

McGaz23 wrote: »
    was wondering does anyone know .... r they locked to that network or if apple sell them sim free in store?

Cheers!!!

I think all IPad and IPad2 are sim free - but post up the network you are buying from and its an easy google to make sure.

But you will have a USA two prong style plug. IPads require a higer 10W powersupply - so you cannot use one off your Iphone.

Plus the hassle of returning it if there is something wrong - makes it seem not worth the hassle to me...

edit: oh just to add - most smart phones (IPhone, Android etc) can act as wifi hotspots - and the IPad can work well off this. This means
    you dont need the more expensive 3G version of IPad and you save yourself a monthly IPad sim subscription....

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

This question has been asked and answered a million times on this forum. How about a little search??

Any Wi-Fi iPad bought in the US will work here no problem. If you want 3G, you MUST go for the AT&T one only.

Advertisement