Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3v Authorisation Charges?

Options
  • 29-05-2011 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello first time poster, but having trouble with my 3v card... I bought a new phone on Amazon about a week ago, with a lot of trouble from my 3v card before finally getting my payment confirmed. Once I finally got my order sorted, I received confirmation that my payment had being accepted on the 24th and the €269.16 was taken out of my account.

So I waited patiently for my phone to be dispatched and it was on the 26th and I got it on the 27th. This was all grand until 2 days ago. I went off to buy a dvd on ebay, and I just wanted to check my balance on my 3v card, and I found that I had -€241 on it... I was charged on the day it was dispatched as well.

I contacted amazon immediately and they replied nice and fast, and they told me that they definately only charged me once, but it could have just being an authorisation charge, and it could take up to 10 days for this to be lifted, or I could contact my credit card company to get it reversed.

So I was wondering if this is just some authorisation charge, because I'm quite nervous about it, or should I just contact 3v and ask them?

Also, this is definately the last time I am going to be using that bloody card, never has anything caused me such hassle! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Seems a bit odd. Contact 3V customer service. They should be able to sort it out.

I would suggest opening an current account in a bank that offers the visa debit card. I have and am delighted to be free of the hassle (and charges) for 3v.

Advertisement