Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ACCA Tuition?

Options
  • 29-05-2011 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys, I'm heading into my Professional exams in ACCA and was wondering what recommendations you all would have for tuition? I'm thinking LSBF's online package is looking mighty tempting at the moment, has anyone tried it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kim_wang82

me need help too...where is best place for me to study P2? thanks you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tome36

Hiya Kim,
    If your in Dublin or Cork then go to Liam Doran at Independent colleges, best lecturer I've ever had and anybody that has had him will tell you the same, he will leave you better equipped for the P2 exam than anyone else and the classes are easy going and interesting.
    He also does P4 for which he is also amazing and I'd pick that as an option just because he teaches it!!!

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

tome36 wrote: »
    Hiya Kim,
    If your in Dublin or Cork then go to Liam Doran at Independent colleges, best lecturer I've ever had and anybody that has had him will tell you the same, he will leave you better equipped for the P2 exam than anyone else and the classes are easy going and interesting.
    He also does P4 for which he is also amazing and I'd pick that as an option just because he teaches it!!!

Tom

+1 million

Definitely the best lecturer I ever had for any subject, drills home the important stuff and very geared towards exam technique to maximise your chances of hitting 50 - if Liam can't get you a pass in an exam then it's time to consider giving up.

(He's an absolute gent too, gave me an academic reference when I was going for a masters, even though he knew I was a lazy swine!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

andyom1 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm heading into my Professional exams in ACCA and was wondering what recommendations you all would have for tuition? I'm thinking LSBF's online package is looking mighty tempting at the moment, has anyone tried it?

Could you post the subjects you are starting out with and your location? This will help with any recommendations.
    kim_wang82 wrote: »
    me need help too...where is best place for me to study P2? thanks you very much

I would also recommend Liam Doran in Independent Colleges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 examtired

Would also recommend Liam Doran, infact Independent College lecturers are brilliant. Although don't think that Mel Kilkenny is up to much, really disappointed with his class.

Anyone any suggestions for P6 in Dublin other than Mel Kilkenny at Independent, will be repeating it for sure :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jonathan119

INSAF Business School is an excellent option. I have had tuition with INSAF after few failures with Kaplan. INSAF tuition has nice advantages. Tuition is delivered live online and thus no geographical barriers. It's the only tuition service in the world to offer one-to-one live online tuition for ACCA. Also, I found the tutors (for F5 to P3 so far) - very friendly as well as much better than Kaplan. One-to-one charges such great at £14 per hour. If you so wish, do contact them. Good luck friends :-)

Advertisement