Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the race: Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix

Options
  • 29-05-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

So what did everyone think of the race? I really enjoyed it, action right from the start. It was a shame that there was the late race red flag because things were really shaping up for a great battle with the leading three drivers.

Overtaking, crashes and a good battle for the win...cant ask for any more than that!

Rate the race 39 votes

0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    17% 7 votes
    38% 15 votes
    33% 13 votes
    7% 3 votes
    2% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Probably a 7 due to the anti-climax and my overexcitement early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

would of been a 9 from me if not for the redflag/restart

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

An 8 for me, to be honest I can understand why people would have a lower rating but I didnt punish the race for the late red flag

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

6 from me. Would have been a great race if it got to the end without the red flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

amacachi wrote: »
    Probably a 7 due to the anti-climax and my overexcitement early on.

Er yes but what about the race :confused:;)

I gave it a 7 just. It never really got going. It promised so much but never quite got there. Looking forward to Canada - always one of my favourite tracks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

6 from me. I don't mind the red flag as such, but allowing the tyre change under the red flag destroyed what was left of the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Er yes but what about the race :confused:;)

k162716_father-ted-careful-now.jpg
    I gave it a 7 just. It never really got going. It promised so much but never quite got there. Looking forward to Canada - always one of my favourite tracks.
    Pretty much my thinking on it. Was tense up to a point but after the last SC before the red flag it seemed fairly set.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

7 for me, not enough overtaking, although lewis did try :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I gave it a 9, would have been a 10 if there had been no red flag/safety car just proper racing. Hamilton gave me some laughs but its F1 not Destruction derby, Button to me was robbed of a win, wrong call to be brought in for a pitstop too early and damn that Vettel has to be caught, that finger pointin is getting annoyin :D Di Resta had a great race too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

All great up until the red flag ruining the previous 72 laps at the front. Would have loved to see an Alonso and Button fight for a win. I think it's a travesty that JB didn't win the race. Still a pretty good race so I gave it a 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I gave it a 7 - same reasons that Button was on for a win until the red flag.
    Fair play to Vettel staying out on the old tyres. That gable worked out for red Bull when they could swap during the red flag.
    Some nice shots of totty on the boats too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Would give 9 without new supersoft tires at restart. so 5. FFUUUU FIA!

Sorry offtopic but seriously is there old fat drunken men sitting in FIA chairs?
    Loeb won in rally by 2.4 seconds but gained 4 seconds advantage thru shortcut! ---> rally organisers given fine :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Autosport wrote: »
    Vettel has to be caught, that finger pointin is getting annoyin :D

Actualy over time I've gotten over hating that, its just funny now. What's starting to get me these days is Horners "Fantastic. You beauty Seb, great drive, well done, brilliant drive" - - - "Yes! That is what I'm talking about. Thank you boys, thank you." Every bloody race lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

EnterNow wrote: »
    Actualy over time I've gotten over hating that, its just funny now. What's starting to get me these days is Horners "Fantastic. You beauty Seb, great drive, well done, brilliant drive" - - - "Yes! That is what I'm talking about. Thank you boys, thank you." Every bloody race lol

"Thank you boys"

***Sniff***

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Gave the race an 8. Robbed of a grandstand finish by the red flag but enjoyable nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Forgot to vote until now...

Gave it a 7. Was a very enjoyable race, a few crashes and incidents. Di Resta and Hamilton doing a bit of destruction derby was entertaining. Red flag did put a dampener on what could have been a great grandstand finish but the tyre change all but ruined that.

Advertisement