Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish Lessons

Options
  • 29-05-2011 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get Polish lessons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

Richarz wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get Polish lessons?

You can try contacting Polish teachers from Polish Saturday School through its website - http://polskaszkolawaterford.pl/pytania

Why do you want to learn Polish, anyway? It's soooooo difficult :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

fudark wrote: »
    You can try contacting Polish teachers from Polish Saturday School through its website - http://polskaszkolawaterford.pl/pytania

Why do you want to learn Polish, anyway? It's soooooo difficult :)

'Dlaczego nie?', as I say to my Polish friends who ask.

OP, Trinity College in Dublin run a good night class if you're interested in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Richarz

Thanks for the responses. I had a Polish girlfriend so that sparked my interest in the language, I broke up with her recently but I really love going to Poland and like Polish people so its a language I would love to learn.

Spurious the trinity course looks ideal but it doesn't start till October. I reckon I will probably do that come October but in the mean time I would like to get started this summer (I'm a college student who couldn't get away for the summer so I'm very idle!) so I was looking at doing Polish in Sandford languages because the course starts in a weeks time. Does anyone know if their courses are any good? I see no one has mentioned them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Richarz wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. I had a Polish girlfriend so that sparked my interest in the language, I broke up with her recently but I really love going to Poland and like Polish people so its a language I would love to learn.

Spurious the trinity course looks ideal but it doesn't start till October. I reckon I will probably do that come October but in the mean time I would like to get started this summer (I'm a college student who couldn't get away for the summer so I'm very idle!) so I was looking at doing Polish in Sandford languages because the course starts in a weeks time. Does anyone know if their courses are any good? I see no one has mentioned them yet.

Hi,

I can second the Trinity recommendation. Been goign to a night course there for three years, and going back in October. It is possible to find private lessons for 15 to 20 euro an hour. I'm doing one hour a week of private lessons with a polish teacher I found on gumtree. I'm happy with the way things are working out. Although, I think a group would be better for a complete beginner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Richarz

Thanks for repsonses.

Just have a question regarding the trinity course. I'll be in my final year of my regular college course so don't want to be too overloaded with work around exam time. Would I be better off doing the intensive polish beginner course that is shorter or is the regular one much better?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Malgosia

Hey Richarz,
    Are u still looking for polish lessons? I'm qualified teacher of Polish Language, have books and cds here.If u would like to start lessons in July just let me know please and we can arrange a meeting (saying July because I'm quite busy with the college untill the end of June).Thanks :)Malgosia

Advertisement