Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipad 2 death grip!

Options
  • 29-05-2011 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I have to say, I saw considering getting an iPad 2 until I realised that some of them have the same issue as the Iphone 4 last year.

Take a look at this page on the Apple site.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/15278612

Has anyone experienced this themselves?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not on mine, and never had it on the iPhone 4 either. I think some people aren't happy unless they are looking for problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jpmiddleton

You might be right, however I would rather not risk it 'till I have more info'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

You might be right, however I would rather not risk it 'till I have more info'.

Your choice, but do you not think that if the iPad 2 has been out for 2 months now and barely anybody is making noise about it, it's probably not really an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I never had a problem with the iPhone 4.

People are just looking for a problems. Take ANY device that transmits and cover the antenna, the same thing happens i.e. Clamp your hand over your Nokia, but no one makes a 1000 videos on YouTube about it.

Don't not but an iPad based on this, its hardly a deal breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭beardo81

Never had an issue with this on my iPhone 4 or iPad 2. Really can't see it being an iPad issue altogether, whatever about the well documented phone problems. The area around the iPad is so big the chances of blocking the antenna is minimal I'd imagine. People will complain about anything, listen to Liveline tomorrow and you'll see!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Same here. iPad 2 iPhone 4 no problems.

I just tried it, couldn't get it to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's never been a real issue on the iPhone 4, I wouldn't let it cloud your decision.

It was shown after the iphone "flaw" was revealed that all mobile phones were similarly susceptible to a "death grip", it's the nature of such devices.

Advertisement