Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EasyBitsGo game downloading automatically from Skype?

Options
  • 29-05-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some advice here and hope I'm in the right forum.

A game called EasyBitsGo seems to be downloading automatically despite 'No' request being accepted on computers from Skype. There is quite a lot of discussion on it on Google.

Has anyone else had the same problem and what is the best approach to remove it totally. Have run the anti-virus scan and deleted from programs etc. but want to be 100% sure that its removed.

These instructions seem good;

=========================================================

This post came up high on google rankings, it happened to me today as well as soon as I updated to Service Pack 3 for XP (May or may not be related)

I solved the problem doing the following: (For XP)

1. Uninstalled EasyBits Go from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel
    2. Deleted the Skype Plugin Manager folder from C:\Program Files\Skype
    3. Deleted the EasyBits Go Folder from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

You may run into a "Cannot Delete" problem for steps 2 and 3. When I tried to delete the Easybits Folder, several times I was denied access. I found out later that it was because SkypePM.exe was accessing. (As you know you can't delete programs currently accessed in the computer's memory)

I downloaded a program called Unlocker which alls you to delete a program, even if there is another process access it.

In summary, the root of the problem was SkypePM.exe

=========================================================

Any advice appreciated. As skype appears to be all over the shop because of this I have uninstalled it altogether for the moment. Loads of 1st time posters giving iffy links on how to remove this game so best avoided for the moment IMHO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

This has been covered widely on the skype forums. Easy bits cocked up their install. Skype took about 2 days to finally come out and explain the issue here. There is an uninstaller here

Advertisement