Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car seat leaving the hospital?

Options
  • 29-05-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Is this some sort of urban myth? We were allowed to walk out of Holles Street without a single person checking if we had a car seat.

Was anyone stopped and checked?

What is the purpose of that, having a car seat does not ensure that it will be fitted in the car correctly once you leave.

Strange.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,356 ✭✭✭✭ted1

its a complete urban myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,304 ✭✭✭✭Victor

For all the hospital knows, you live across the street, are walking home (possibly ill advised) or getting the bus/train.

That said, do take prudent care of your child.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Oh we did have a car seat and a well fitted one at that, but, with the little guy being our third (and possibly last) I wanted to carry him to the car in my own arms so we did not bring in the car seat.

I often see it mentioned and wonder if we were just ignored :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We were asked if we had one on the 1st and told if possible to bring it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Amy O Riordan

hey as far as iv heard in cork anyway they tell you to bring in car seat and make sure its in the car properly thats why we got 1 with a base so simple too but they wont let you leave hospital until baby is put in car seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

In H Street a couple of years ago, we were asked how we were getting home (friend giving us a lift) and whether we had carseats, and whether we wanted a demonstration on how to put the twins safely in their seats. I declined that though and on the day, we never got "checked"

Advertisement