Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pod Sacs in Irish Shops?

Options
  • 28-05-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Does anyone know of any shop that stocks Pod Sacs?

I get around a lot so location isn't a problem.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

In Dublin I've seen them in the great outdoors, 53 degrees north, snow + rock, base camp and even in halfords once.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pats87

Do you know if any of those shops have them in stock at the moment? Particularly the Alpine range?

Hi, not sure about Alpine but they do have stock in both the great outdoors was looking at their Exped ones on friday http://www.greatoutdoors.ie/index.php?cPath=27_229_122&osCsid=8640a5f60b3a4e5e2260a0cfcb5098a1
    prob best to give the various shops a quick call before you trek in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Aren't Exped a totally different make to Podsacs Hick? A Swiss company v's a British one? Or am I reading your post the wrong way?

they're all dry sacks :)

• Advertisement

Pod Sacs also make backpacks. I am not looking for a dry bag. Im looking for their alpine range of packs.

ah fair enough, assumed you were just look dry sacs, I've never seen the rucksacks in any store, sorry for the goose chase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

pats87 wrote: »
    Pod Sacs also make backpacks. I am not looking for a dry bag. Im looking for their alpine range of packs.

Hey, Pats87, according to their website, no-one in the Republic sells the rucksacks, but there's three places up North that it says do. Jackson Sports hasn't let me down, but I don't see pod sacs on their webshop. Maybe give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Looks like it's an etailer rather than a retailer so, unless you had your heart set on trying it on physically.
    I've had luck with www.needlesports.com, www.v12outdoor.com, www.barrabes.com and www.landher.net/en/

I know needlesports and V12 carry the Podsacs range. Am looking at the Black Ice myself.

Thanks guys, I was hoping to try one on before buying. I'll just have to swallow the return shipping if it's no good.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Pats,

I bought an alpine 30 a few months back after searching EVERYWHERE in Ireland/NI for one. You will not find one period! I bought it online in the end and took the gamble. It paid off BTW cause I love it ;)

Where are you based? If you really wanted you can PM me and I can give you a look some day. I work in Dublin airport so can leave it in the boot of my car and show you if passing the area.

Advertisement