Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crowns or white fillings?

Options
  • 28-05-2011 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I HAVE QUITE A FEW FILLINGS AND ROOT CANALS IN MY FRONT TEETH AND THE DENTIST SUGGESTED CROWNS, BUT I THOUGHT CROWNS WERE JUST FOR COSMETIC, COULD THEY BENEFIT MY TEETH IN OTHER WAYS?

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE NICE TEETH BUT IT'S ALOT OF MONEY AND WON'T I HAVE TO GET THEM REPLACED EVERY FEW YEARS?

ARE CROWNS REALLY WORTH IT OR SHOULD I JUST CONTINUE TO KEEP GETTING WHITE FILLINGS?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Merboo

Any thoughts on this anyone thanks?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op if you keep getting fillings your basically going to be left with more filling than your own teeth.
    Crowns are aesthethic but they have their functional uses aswell.
    Crowns have a long enough life cycle, but probably best to speak with your dentist regarding your concerns.

Advertisement