Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition name

Options
  • 28-05-2011 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I thinK i have the right title but am very much open to suggestion if not :D

The story is that according to John at Dublin Dog Training it is time for Jazz to start doing some agility competitions to do that she needs a competion name. So far we have come up with Simply Jazz but we need a second one also and I'm drawing a blank (absolutely no imagination me :( )
    So anyone have any suggestions? She is a small enough smooth haired JRT :D

ETA: Added a pic

jazzwindow.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

'All that Jazz' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

'All that Jazz' :D

Ooh that's good :D

Ooh that's good :D

Pity I can't come up with one for my own dog so easily :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭slashygoodness

Lady Jazz...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

if you want people to take a special interest in your dog,you will need a name that makes a person want to smile,like say ,tinkerbell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭slashygoodness

getz wrote: »
    if you want people to take a special interest in your dog,you will need a name that makes a person want to smile,like say ,tinkerbell

Oh then how about 'jazzed in my pants'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

getz wrote: »

No offence to anybody who's dog is called tinkerbell, but that wouldn't make me smile if I heard a dog being called, rather the opposite - but thats just me:D

I think All That Jazz is really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

All that Jazz is good.

Jazzed in my pants would make me remember it, but not in a nice way:p

Jazz is Snaz

J.R.T Jazz

All about Jazz

Little Miss Jazz

:confused: I'm no good at this either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Competition names are hard! I've had to pick them for my 6 but normally I let hubby do a list :D

There's a jazz band called Salty Dog, so what about something like Salty Dog Jazz? or Jazz's Salty Dog Tunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Belongtojazz! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

Jazz paws (as opposed to jazz hands)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Rasmajazz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Wasn't Billie Holiday one of the greatest Jazz singer of all time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Freestyle Jazz!

Jazz Fusion...

Acid Jazz

Sorry u got the musical nerd out of me.

I'm loving all these suggestions thank you all :D

Am going to do a list of them all and get my daughter to select. She named Jazz when we got her so she should choose her comp name also :D

Oh Oh Oh

2 more

snazz-a-ma-jazz

razz-a-ma-jazz

YAY Jazz's licence arrived in the post today :D

I had put All that Jazz and Simply Jazz as my choices but they have given her "All about Jazz" :eek:

aah well I quite like that too :)

Now it's time to start entering her into some competitions:o :D

I had put All that Jazz and Simply Jazz as my choices but they have given her "All about Jazz" :eek:
    ppink wrote: »

All about Jazz

:D;) 'twas nothing to do with me I promise:pac:

so now you will have to post when she is competing so we can come and cheer her on:)

I put in a licence for one of my dogs under the name 'Oscar Wild' but it came back 'Oscar's pride' so I pretend the IKC made a mistake and put him down as Oscar Wild on the competition forms :D Mind you 2 other licences I got did have date of birth errors so just goes to show.
    I reckon put down 'All that jazz' cos it's the nearest to what they've written down, no-one ever checks them anyway.

Oh I don't like that, them just making up whatever they want :eek: Can you change it if you really don't like it? Not that I can come up with anything remotely as good for my own dog anyway :rolleyes: Best thing I've managed to come up with so far is Poppy flavoured kisses, (sounds much sweeter than it tastes). It's a bit too fluffy for my liking though!

Can anyone think up anything to do with popcorn? (because it also jumps on the spot and then explodes and is also soft and white :pac:)

• Advertisement

Poppin' Poppy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Poppin' Candy,
    Cotton pops

(Wish I had a dog doing agility so I could give him a cool name)

I heard Jazz is doing well, best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Lady Madonna?

She looks like a right little lady in your pic :p

ppink wrote: »
    :D;) 'twas nothing to do with me I promise:pac:

so now you will have to post when she is competing so we can come and cheer her on:)

You sure you don't work for the IKC???? :D you sabotaged my entry didn't you :p although in all honesty my handwriting is so appalling I really only have myself to blame, at least they got Jazz right :D

I've entered her in her first competition on 31st July in Cloghran, should be interesting she has only ever trained in the one area and she is very liable to run off and beg treats if she hears a plastic bag rustling :rolleyes:

So if anyone is there that day I will be the one with the small begging pest of a JRT :D

I heard Jazz is doing well, best of luck :)

She's not doing too bad at it at all really... especially considering she has the attention span of a gnat :D

I have to say I adore your springer, he is stunning, I might bring my big guy along some Friday night and attempt a swap I'm sure you wouldn't notice till my guy had gotten into all your bins and stolen everything remotely food like in your house :D How's his leg doing now?

Whispered wrote: »
    (Wish I had a dog doing agility so I could give him a cool name)

Take it up! it's great fun and you get to meet loads of lovely dogggies (and their owners of course) :p

"something" popcorn explosion, i'm thinking. It needs an adjective of some description at the start but fluffy and furry just aren't cutting the mustard :rolleyes: There's a really cool name in there somewhere, it just won't come out :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Puffy popcorn explosion? Poppy popcorn explosion? :o

Edit to add: Popping popcorn explosion?

• Advertisement

Apologies to the OP for thread robbing by the way :o. Just seemed silly to start another one.

Advertisement