Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best primary school in d15

Options
  • 28-05-2011 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has any advice on which primary school is best for DD in clonee, we have her name down for Casteheny educate together, scoil grainne and thinking of the irish school but heard it's very hard to get a place. I know it's very early to be thinking of secondary school as she is only 3 but would also like any comments on local secondary schools and mount sackville too. I have a son in the new secondary school in clonee but he is acting up so can't really judge from his experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

what i've learned after 10 years of "best school" search is that...the best school is the one around the corner of your street !
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Which ever one they can walk to without you having to drive them.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OP, we don't allow text speak in this forum, and that DD nonsense is just as bad so could you please refrain from using it again in the future. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

A lot of schools have enrollment policy's so thats the first hurdle.

http://www.schooldays.ie/blogs/The-pluses-and-minuses-of-secondary-school-league-tables

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

In response to your request for a comment on Mount Sackville. My first cousins daughter was so badly bullied there that she moved school.

Recommending a school can be based on so many varying factors that I think it is unwise to attempt to do so.

It is my view that people in D 15 are considering themselves lucky to get a place in their catchment school never mind having a choice and 'cherry picking' a school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Many are oversubscribed and of course will give priority to those who have siblings enrolled already

Best of luck in your search but D15 is a not good area to be choosing different schools

So go to the nearest, the one your daughter can walk to

Advertisement