Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprained toe..

Options
  • 27-05-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Lads i did something to my big toe today, and now its bruised... i have a huge match tomorrow, anyone know what i can do too numb the pain for a couple of hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ForzaSaints

And its my good foot, so nothing that will numb my whole foot...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

we can't give you medical advice here

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ForzaSaints

Yeah i taught it would be the wrong section, but just taught some of the other lads might know , if they play football... Delete it if you wish :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yeah i taught it would be the wrong section, but just taught some of the other lads might know , if they play football... Delete it if you wish :D

No hassle, it's not up to me I'm not a mod here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Start with ice then move to heat:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2048285_ice-muscle-strain.html

(not medical advice, just a tip on how to ice)

Biofreeze is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

MadsL wrote: »
    (not medical advice, just a tip on how to ice)

Isn't it?

When my sister who is a physio tells me to ice something is she giving her professional opinion or forgetting everything she's learned in university and years in practice?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

OP, best sit this match out tbh! If it's still hurting like hell in the morning and you play, you only make things worse...no matter how big a match it is, your future performance could be set back by any amount if you do further damage.

Get yourself to the club physio/sports therapist if you have one, if you feel it's a sprain or possible break.

I wont give any specific medical advice in here, its not allowed...but MadsL, heat should only be used after 72hrs, ice until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LoveGreen

I agree with master of nothing (love that name) and rest it if you can.
    I tore a ligament in my ankle a few months ago and played the rest of the game in goals (astro) was one of the stupidest things I've done - and you get no thanks for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

no medical advice permitted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement