Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working hours cut......

Options
  • 26-05-2011 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Ok just want to get some advice.......
    Where I work (full-time) hours (2-3 p/w) were cut from our working week. Management never told/asked us it was only noticed when new roster was posted. Is there anything I/we can do?

I read on citizens info website that doing so without asking or notifying staff is illegal.

Has anybody come across this before or are there any circumstances in which this is deemed ok to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Moved from the Waterford forum.

OP, I have a feeling you may recieve better advice in this forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

Complain to the Rights Commissioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,842 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What do your employment contracts say?

Have you asked your management what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭watermark

my manager has said his boss encouraged the cut in hours to save money. i spoke with him and said this was illegal and that we should have been consulted beforehand and changes made to our contracts.

(we were given contracts but i recently moved home so have lost it. when i asked the top boss for a copy she said she was going on hols and to ask ast. manager on monday.)

my boss has said he will arrange a meeting with his boss and all staff when she arrives bak from hols.

i understand it completely depends on what our contracts say but we still should have been told!!

Advertisement