Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2006

Options
  • 27-05-2011 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

I dont know why very few people seem to remember what a great hot summer we got in 2006(Maybe most people were too busy buying property to notice weather) 2006 was as hot as 95 and hotter than 2003.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I remember that, there was a good 4/5 weeks of hot but mainly horribly humid weather. was very glad to see the back of it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Wasn't really a nice summer but far better than 07/08/09/10 . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

mike65 wrote: »
    . was very glad to see the back of it to be honest.

Are you mad?? - if someone offered me summer 06' as of now I'd take their hand off!!!:eek:

Tapes wrote: »
    I dont know why very few people seem to remember what a great hot summer we got in 2006(Maybe most people were too busy buying property to notice weather) 2006 was as hot as 95 and hotter than 2003.

June and July were outstanding and as good as anything in 95' - I'll never forget the 19th of July when all time records went @ Casement(31C) and Belmullet(30C)!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

As far as I can remember July was a scorcher but June and August were nothing to write home about.
    The summer of 2003 was similar, that year August was scorchio but the other two months weren't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Birdnuts wrote: »
    June and July were outstanding and as good as anything in 95' - I'll never forget the 19th of July when all time records went @ Casement(31C) and Belmullet(30C)!!:cool:

And 32.3ºC in Roscommon:
    Values of over 30°C were measured at a number of stations on the 18th and 19th; the highest value, 32.3°C, was recorded at Elphin, Co. Roscommon, on the 19th, the highest temperature in Ireland since June 1976. The values of 29.9°C and 31.0°C at Belmullet and Casement Aerodrome respectively were the highest values for any month on record at these stations.

Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Are you mad?? - if someone offered me summer 06' as of now I'd take their hand off!!!:eek:

Like I say it was the humidity that killed me, I was spending a lot of time in the south Midlands - Laois/Kilkenny/Carlow and it was appalling. I don't know how people live more than about 15 miles from the sea - freezing in winter nasty in summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

was a crap summer down here .... I remember everyone on the radio talked about the good weather

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i remember *whimper* hot and humid days working in a kitchen not fun. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cherrieblossom

we went to curracloe on holidays and the sand was too hot to walk on in bare feet during the day. the tar melted on the roads and it was up to 30 degrees, it was not like that for the whole summer , 95 was an endlessly hot summer, started in april and ended in september, 2006 was mostly a very intense very hot spell in mid summer. it is forcast for july hits year to be the same. fingers crossed

• Advertisement

we went to curracloe on holidays and the sand was too hot to walk on in bare feet during the day. the tar melted on the roads and it was up to 30 degrees,

That was my expericence during June 06' in North Mayo:D

Advertisement