Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why cant i buy online with mastrocard

Options
  • 27-05-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

why cant i buy online with my aib mastro card
    it said something about my issue number
    there no issue number on the card

so can i buy online

ps. website .. play.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

You probably don't have a maestro debit card. Do you have laser? if so the maestro symbol on your card means you can withdraw cash from any atm with the maestro symbol and not use it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

ye its a mastro laser
    so ui cant buy online at all ?

bpb101 wrote: »
    ye its a mastro laser
    so ui cant buy online at all ?

Sorry I should have been more clear, you cant use the maestro feature of buying online. Only websites that will accept your laser card will let you buy from them. What I did to get around this is join moneybookers and order there pre pay mastercard. You can then top that up with your laser and use the mastercard on any site that accepts it.

what about pay pal

No, you cant use Irish laser with paypal. You can however use bank transfer but that takes a few days. I recommend the moneybookers card, it costs ten euros a year and costs nothing to load it. Allot better then 3v anyway.

• Advertisement

im a student so im trying to avoid a lot of cards....unless your willing to make a donation of course
    thanks tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yeah, Laser is not Maestro, and cannot be used unless the site specifically accepts Laser. The Maestro part of your card is to do with using it in foreign bank machines (like Link and Cirrus on some cards too).

A pre-pay credit card, like the O2 money card, is your best bet for something quick and easy. It does have fees though.

Getting a bank account in either PTSB or Ulster Bank is another option, as they use Visa Debit cards, which can be used anywhere that accepts Visa (online as well as in shops). There may be conditions around getting one of these, or opening the bank account, you'd have to check in branch to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

go for moneybookers.
    I've been using it over a year now and absolutely love it.
    There is a cost of 10€ a year which one trip away with ryanair would cover (as you dont have to pay the booking fees), and you can lodge money to the card from your current account for free.

Has worked everywhere I tried so far..
    Not one complaint!

Tiesto wrote: »
    go for moneybookers.
    I've been using it over a year now and absolutely love it.
    There is a cost of 10€ a year which one trip away with ryanair would cover (as you dont have to pay the booking fees), and you can lodge money to the card from your current account for free.

Has worked everywhere I tried so far..
    Not one complaint!

how does money brokers work .. ive never see them on ebay, amazon ect

also can i top up my pay pal account through aib online banking
    from aib website?

also what the deal with 3v cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheDukeOfEarl

bpb101 wrote: »
    how does money brokers work .. ive never see them on ebay, amazon ect

also can i top up my pay pal account through aib online banking
    from aib website?

1. It's moneybookers. Basically, you add your laser card to your moneybookers account. You transfer whatever amount from your Laser on to your moneybookers Mastercard, ( which you receive in the post ) Then you can put the mastercard on to your PayPal account and use it on eBay etc, you can also use it anywhere that accepts Mastercard (obviously)

2. Yes. I assume so anyway, I do it with BOI. I believe you have to set up what I think is called, a beneficiary, Go to PayPal, then try to add bank account, add your details then you should receive PayPals Bank account number/code. Go to your online banking, try to transfer funds using the code that Paypal gave you.

3. Regarding 3V, just don't bother IMO

Sorry if my post doesn't make sense, I started off with some enthusiasm but to be honest got fed up halfway through.

• Advertisement

1. It's moneybookers. Basically, you add your laser card to your moneybookers account. You transfer whatever amount from your Laser on to your moneybookers Mastercard, ( which you receive in the post ) Then you can put the mastercard on to your PayPal account and use it on eBay etc, you can also use it anywhere that accepts Mastercard (obviously)
    do you know how much does it cost?besides the 10er a yr.

Advertisement