Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business study??

Options
  • 27-05-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Was looking at the HL business exam papers and realised you can pretty much just study unit 1-5 and leave out 6 and 7 and still manage the 4 long questions? Besides maybe being caught in the shorts! Was pretty good at business so neglected it for the last few months, now theres loads to cover!! Any1 else have any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

Nope. You need units 1-5 to be anyway covered for the long questions.

Q1 is unit 1
    Q2 is unit 6? (government and all that)
    Q3 is Unit 7 (EU and all that jazz)

Questions 2 & 3 may need to be swapped around, but that is that anyway.

Then Q4-7 is a mixture from units 2-5.

You could manage with just 1-5.

Unit 1&2 thing is only for Biology, as Unit 1&2 makes up 80% of the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

yeah i didnt phrase that very well! Meant to say unit 1-5 and then leaving out 6 and 7..better edit that before people are like wtf:D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

bump

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Gav77 wrote: »
    bump

You cant really do it can you ? You have to do one question from the first question. Thats fine if the question on unit one is grand but if its not your in trouble. You cannot fluff business if you want good marks. Also if the questions in the second section dont suit you then your really going to have a hard time with the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Unit 6 is the easiest Unit there is! Unit 7 is a close second..!

Don't leave them out..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

Hi guys, what units is the ABQ based on this year?

Liveit wrote: »

3, 4 and 5.

Management skills will be one of the questions on the ABQ I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FreshTillDeath

Liveit wrote: »

It's true you are able to just study units 1-5 and leave out 6 & 7 but you would be severely restricting yourself + A majority of the short questions will be based on 1,2,6 & 7 , not on the units 3,4,5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

3, 4 and 5.

Management skills will be one of the questions on the ABQ I would guess.

Appeared already on the mocks. Another reason why your going to do ****!

Gav77 wrote: »
    Was looking at the HL business exam papers and realised you can pretty much just study unit 1-5 and leave out 6 and 7 and still manage the 4 long questions? Besides maybe being caught in the shorts! Was pretty good at business so neglected it for the last few months, now theres loads to cover!! Any1 else have any thoughts on this?

Just in case you were wondering, what came up on the mocks has no bearing on what comes up in June so don't let that affect your study! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GracieK17

i know this hasn't really got anything to do with what is coming up but www.skool.ie have brill, free interactive lessons for business, just if you need to give your memory a slap, i know i did!! haha

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Appeared already on the mocks. Another reason why your going to do ****!
    Infracted, and given that you were infracted and warned about this behaviour just 10 minutes before you posted here, you can have a 4 day ban to cool your head as well.

As I said in that other thread, I know that everyone's nerves are on edge this close to the LC, but that does not give anyone permission to lose the run of themselves.

That is a general warning to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

http://www.business2000.ie/resources/Revision_Quizzes.html

Anyone finished there business papers & just looking for a bit of a test revising should give these quizzes a go, there fairly easy if you know your stuff just a handy way of revising.

I'd also give a good look over the following I'd say they'll appear on the paper.
    • Empowerment/TQM.
    • Cash flow.
    • Financial analysis.
    • Business expansion.
    • Business Ethics.
    • Data commision act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GracieK17

really good quiz! thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

i think they might ask something like a business plan in the ABQ. Management skills will definitely dominate the paper. also break even charts are a possible and they're a pretty easy 40 marks once you know how to draw it.
    I'm doing all units except 7 i just don't have time even though its probably the easier one but if you are doing unit 7 global marketing is on the paper nearly every year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

xclw wrote: »
    i think they might ask something like a business plan in the ABQ. Management skills will definitely dominate the paper. also break even charts are a possible and they're a pretty easy 40 marks once you know how to draw it.
    I'm doing all units except 7 i just don't have time even though its probably the easier one but if you are doing unit 7 global marketing is on the paper nearly every year.

Do you really think a break-even chart is gonna be worth 40 marks ?

Advertisement