Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ross HD Satellite kit - can I swap the LNB for an quad or octo? Will it fit?

Options
  • 27-05-2011 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Here's a pic of the one that comes with it. Just want to get a quad or even octo lnb and am wondering will it fit the bracket....

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

It should do, just measure the diameter of the neck (where the bracket grips the LNB), it's probably about 40mm (others maybe 25mm, and maybe bigger than 40mm, but yours looks like a 40mm), so that's what you need to check when looking for a quad or octo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

YESH! They are a universal fitting. As long as its the same normal size as there is a skinny one (cant be bothered looking up the sizes)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Do the likes of B&Q etc sell lnbs? Thinking I might do this over the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

..THANK YOU :-)

Found the bracket thing (and usefully, a ruler) and 'tis 40mm. Grand stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    Do the likes of B&Q etc sell lnbs? Thinking I might do this over the weekend...

I was in a B&Q yesterday, but didn't see any LNBs on their own. Better off trying eBay or using google to find some sat shops that sell them if you want to keep your business local.

There were 3 or 4 sat kits in B&Q though, 2 Ross kits (camping SD and a HD) and another brand, TriStar, a HD receiver with USB recording, with a dish and other bits (€108, IIRC). Anyone have any experience with this brand?

They also had a TriStar DVB-T receiver, but no mention of MPEG-4 on it, was about €30, IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SteveKing

Bought a TriStar HD kit today (sixty nine quid) - dish is big - instruction book very thin - no way of adding your own title to favourite lists (that I can find) - the receiver doesn't exist on the sellers website yet (philex) but it works and the HD picture looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Keep them in a went ventelated spot I have come across about 12 so far with capacitors blown in the psu, very badly and cheaply made product avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

SteveKing wrote: »
    Bought a TriStar HD kit today (sixty nine quid) - dish is big - instruction book very thin - no way of adding your own title to favourite lists (that I can find) - the receiver doesn't exist on the sellers website yet (philex) but it works and the HD picture looks great.

Steve, any idea if the TriStar has Diseqc/USALS capability?

Advertisement