Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fischers from an Offie in Cork?

Options
  • 27-05-2011 7:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Anyway know of any off-licences in Cork that sell Fischer's?

I'm mad into drinking the tasty brew lately, but it's not widely available. I used to be able to get it in The Raven and The Roundy but the former have stopped selling it and I've fallen out with the latter (grrrrr.....).

Anyway, I want to be able to buy it from an offie so I can drink it at the Cork X Southwest Festival next weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In bottle form? As in Frederich Fischer......................

Short answer is no. Kegs is all I can import.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Try a different Munich Helles, like Spaten or Augustiner Edelstoff: both are available in bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

Berty wrote: »
    In bottle form? As in Frederich Fischer......................

Short answer is no. Kegs is all I can import.

I'm not sure about the Frederich Fischer bit. I just know it as Fischer's and it comes in a tankard.

search%3Fq%3Dfischer%2Bbeer%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DJ8I%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D671%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&biw=1280&bih=671

BeerNut wrote: »
    Try a different Munich Helles, like Spaten or Augustiner Edelstoff: both are available in bottles.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm not a big Spaten fan. I'm sure I've had Augustiner before but I can't remember it so I guess I can try it again. I really want Fischer's though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »

Haha! I'm there! :D

Now all I need is someone to share the driving and something to drink along the way...ah, we're back to square one. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

fattestman wrote: »
    Haha! I'm there! :D

Now all I need is someone to share the driving and something to drink along the way...ah, we're back to square one. :(

You may if you wish drive to north Tipperary. I have a keg in the boot of my car. Frankly you will need some gas and a dispensing tap. You will also need to explain to my customer that he will not have Fischer for the weekend. :D

We can drink out of these(or Fischer Glasses). Found a load of these today. Football shaped Glasses.

Erdinger%20Futbol.JPG

I used to have a few of those glasses. We got a few boxes in a pub I was working in during the World Cup in 2002 (or somesuch tournament).

Someone told me over the weekend that there's some new beer warehouse type-thingy after opening on the Bandon Road. Anyone know anything about that?

(Slightly off topic I know, but they might have Fischer's!)

Advertisement