Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Photography website

Options
  • 26-05-2011 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey guys :).
    I'm just wondering would you view (if you have the time) and check out my site!
    Its only in its basic form but I want the concept to be simple and clean with as little navigation as possible.
    Please keep in mind I have no web coding and that its only a bare bones version of the final version in mind.
    http://kevinhphotography.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

i'm not gone on the theme to be honest and its confusing as to the navigation at first glance. you do find your way around but i'm certain there must be simpler approaches. tumblr has improved in its photography themes - do search out what options are available and you might find something cleaner and more simplistic.

I like http://photoboard.tumblr.com/ myself, but there are quite a few out there.

Dont worry - neither Rome or websites are built in a day ;)

ps - i love tumblr btw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm not sure if that pulling your gallery straight from flickr is the way to go, but it needs a lot of editing down - too many shots which are far too similar, and there's a few there which are below par; if you have a site with a 'portfolio' link, you would expect the shots to be much more navigable and of your best only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

A lot of the images seem quite soft to me. Maybe they're being compressed on upload.

Advertisement